Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Registerfly
3/2/2007 04:39
I read about the fiasco with Registerfly and all the mess that's cropped up. Unfortunately, I still have quite a number of domains stuck there.

If I place orders to transfer all of them to Dynadot, would the transfers go through? (I've noted down about 90%+ of my domain authorisation codes)... Aren't the domains regulated and protected by ICANN someway?

Need your help, guys...

Thanks

Ron
Reply Quote
3/2/2007 08:07
Hi,

I've managed to unlock some of my domains at Registerfly and would like to transfer them immediately to Dynadot. I have the authorisation codes as well.

However, though I triend changing my administrator info, when I do a whois check, it still states Registerfly support.

Can I still have my domains transfered despite this?

Please advise. Thanks

Ron
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
3/2/2007 09:54
Dynadot will send an E-mail with a confirmation link for the transfer to the admin address. If you don't control the admin E-mail contact for your domain I'm afraid you are stuck and registerfly is not going to help. Please note that the whois may take some time to update. Check back later. Verify from an outside souce (domaintools.com, internic.net) that the whois is up to date and the names are unlocked, then go.

[This post has been edited by kate on Mar 2, 2007 9:54am.]
Reply Quote
3/2/2007 23:28
kate's answer appears to be correct.  While it's good that you do have the authorization codes and the domains unlocked, we will still need to send an authorization email to the registrant or admin email address listed in the Whois.

So, if your email address does NOT appear as the registrant email or the admin email, then you will need to update your Whois information with RegisterFly.
Reply Quote
3/5/2007 02:00
Hi

Though I've managed to transfer about 20 of my domains from Registerfly, I still have a number of domains which appear to be "locked" and though I've tried numerous times, I can't seem to get them unlocked (not surprising given the mess they're in right now).

Anyway, I have 7 domains paid into for transfer but their status remains locked. I was wondering whether I can have another 7 domains substituted for those awaiting transfer as I've a feeling they're unlikely to respond to my request.

Now I've to check each and every one of my domain with whois before initiating another transfer... what a chore!! I sure hope ICANN comes down real hard on them idiots at Registerfly... I just hope I don't lose too much in the process.

Thanks guys

Ron
Reply Quote
3/5/2007 22:29
Please let us know (preferably by email) if you would like to us to cancel the 7 locked transfers.  If these transfers are the only transfers preventing your order from completing, then we would probably be able to credit your account right away (after canceling the transfers) so that you can use that account credit towards other domain transfers.
Reply Quote