Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Put a link to domain registration in the account area
Posted By darana
3/4/2007 15:31
Hi,

I'm in the process of transfering my inventory of names to Dynadot, but today I wanted to register a new name.

Logged into my account and started looking around -- no link to register new names!!!!

About 15 minutes and 50 clicks later, I clicked Tranfer Domain, scrolled down and there at the bottom of the page, mixed among other links was "Register Domain".

Shouldn't that link be on every page?

ps - You guys have been very responsive to suggestions -- thank you.
Reply Quote
3/4/2007 23:27
Thank you for your suggestion.  We will definitely consider adding a link, but are a bit concerned since it may make the link list look cluttered.  What are your thoughts?
Reply Quote
3/5/2007 02:12
HI folks . For what its worth.. I have found this site very easy to navigate and one extra link wouldnt be a problem.. Mind you, I use dynadot search to check the name, click to buy, log-in when the form requires me to and it's done. Cheers from downunder!
Reply Quote
Posted By darana
3/8/2007 21:52
Hi,

There are two homepage links at:

https://www.dynadot.com/account/

Perhaps remove the QuickLinks one.

Generally, the location of the navigation links is probably more important than the number. I've found nav links in this site in at least six locations: top-right, the tabs, the sub-tabs, a quicklink box to the right near the top & towards the bottom, and at the bottom.

I'd suggest being ridgidly consistent in the location and manner of nav link placement.

From a marketing point of view, links that bring in revenue (e.g., Register a Domain) should probably be on every page you can get away with it.

(Many years ago I did usability design and testing for a large corporation, so I tend to notice that stuff.)
Reply Quote
Posted By darana
3/8/2007 22:15
Hi,

I just want to add that I've used about 6-7 different registrars over the years and yours is the easiest to use. That Register-a-Domain thing on the Tranfer-a-Domain page was the exception to a well designed site.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
3/14/2007 19:56
i was logging out to buy a name, then logging to complete checkout. A link to buy a domain from the ../account/ page would be useful.
Reply Quote
3/18/2007 05:28
Lol I noticed this as well! I too would like a "register domain" link in my account!
Reply Quote
3/18/2007 10:50
Do you want a link to the main search pages, or special search pages in the account area?
Reply Quote
Posted By darana
4/29/2007 13:11
Sorry for the delay.

A link on the summary page that says "Register a Domain" and linking to: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/search.html

Maybe the same link on the domains list page also, however, the structure of that page doesn't seem to be set up for general links.

The link on the transfer page says "Domain Registration", which seems more ambiguous than "Register a Domain". Whichever terminology you choose, it should be the same throughout the site.
Reply Quote
4/29/2007 13:56
We are planning to create special pages in the account area for domain searching and registration. That way you can place an order for new domains without leaving the account area.
Reply Quote