Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
No more grace deletions?
7/4/2008 21:33
I've recently received this mail:

You are receiving this email because you have grace deleted a new domain before, or because you are a bulk customer.

Recently ICANN changed the rules for grace deletions of new domains. For every domain registered, Dynadot pays a $0.20 fee to ICANN. (This fee is included in the price you pay to us.) Previously, this fee was refunded to us if the domain was grace deleted in the 5 day window. However, ICANN will now charge the fee even if the domain is deleted.

Effective immediately Dynadot can no longer offer grace deletions. Any new domain registrations must be kept for the full year. Domains registered July 4 or earlier can still be grace deleted for free.

Notes:
(1) This change only applies to COM, NET, INFO, ORG, MOBI, ASIA, NAME.
(2) We may introduce grace deletions for these tlds again later, but with a deletion fee.
(3) For more info please see: http://gnso.icann.org/issues/domain-tasting/domain-tasting-board-report
-gnso-council-25apr08.pdf

--

I'm very disappointed because of this decision. Why not asking the $0.20 for grace deletions? It's acceptable.

Please consider this.

I know many domainers here because of the grace deletions, now you are about to loose them including me.

[This post has been edited by o_k_istanbul_tr on Jul 4, 2008 9:33pm.]
Reply Quote
7/4/2008 21:47
Dynadot,
I love your service but please consider the following.

As a web designer I sometimes get customers who change their mind on a domain, or they want a .com with a - in between instead of the .net.

I also have spelled the wrong name before such as stratagies instead of strategies.

Or for example  thenewsiteiscool and they want tnsic for example.

I wouldn't mind even paying $1.00 service fee for grace deletions. This could actually be a additional profit center, but more importantly would reduce the risk of loosing customers to any other domain registration company.

For instance removing paypal as a option would be just as hurting to your business.

So please consider what I have said.

I love Dynadot.
Reply Quote
Posted By v
7/4/2008 22:32
Hey!

Read the NOTES on the email sent by Dynadot:

(2) We may introduce grace deletions for these tlds again later, but with a deletion fee.

So, nothing to be dissapointed for.
Reply Quote
Posted By kml
7/4/2008 23:04
so is .cn still available for grace deletion?
Reply Quote
7/4/2008 23:23
We have read it :
(2) We MAY introduce grace deletions for these tlds again LATER, but with a deletion fee.

Who knows when LATER will be !?

Do you know ?

Thanx

[This post has been edited by jamal_jo on Jul 4, 2008 11:24pm.]
Reply Quote
7/5/2008 00:44
Dynadot,

Please please reinstate deletion with the 0.20$ fee - you'll keep many happy customers you might otherwise lose very fast for good!
Add a couple of cents more and we'll all be happy to make you some profit.

Keep up the good work, add more ccTLDs!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
7/5/2008 01:14
So then will the balance be refunded ? I was using Dynadot for tasting, now that has been removed.
Reply Quote
7/5/2008 01:28
I don't think they would give any refunds.

http://www.dynadot.com/help/question.html?aid=56
Reply Quote
7/5/2008 05:58
Dynadot clearly state NO Refunds.  This policy has been in place for years.
Reply Quote
7/5/2008 06:17
h
Reply Quote
7/5/2008 06:19
Hey Dynadot folks,

first of all thanks for the long-time good service you provided me.

Thanks to the grace deletion option I paypaled you thousands of dollars in the last couple of months and bought domains via you. So you might consider me a customer worth at least listening too.

I'm really disappointed by your current move of not offering grace deletions at all.

Just look what you said in the past:
"If ICANN charges their transaction fee for all domains, even grace deleted domains, then we would have to charge for grace deletions also."
https://www.dynadot.com/account/forum/f1-domain-name-discussion/icann-fee-for-tasting-1644.html

Once Icann makes it's $0.20 non-refundable, just charge $0.20 too. I'd remain a happy customer and keep spending money here.
Reply Quote