Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
I NEED ADD TXT VALUE
10/16/2010 11:26
recently signed up for a service called Google Apps. It allows me to use Google applications--such as Gmail and Google Calendar--for my domain. My domain is hosted with you, and I need help creating a TXT record to prove to Google that I own my domain.

I have a unique security token from Google that I need to include in the Text field (sometimes called the TXT Record, Answer, or Value field) of the TXT record.

Note: You can find your security token in your Google Apps administrator control panel. It is a 68-character string that begins with google-site-verification:, followed by 43 additional characters (for example, google-site-verification:9B6L-KvJkGbaw3htkiLOGdDKLTFzqd0-8QKKz0TMg1Y).
The Host Name field (sometimes called the Record Host, TXT Name, or Host field) should be left blank. However, if a value is required in this field, enter the @ symbol.

Once the TXT record is created correctly, I'll be able to use Google Apps for my domain.
Reply Quote
Posted By woz
10/28/2017 04:29
dynadot support sucks. I need add _acme-challenge.zho.io with value, which both works smoothly on google and godaddy while sinks here. I chat with support here but I was suggested to contact my hosting SP, which sucks.
why I can't do right thing here like I done with my google and godaddy dns setting? what fails exactly on such a small technology?
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied woz :11/3/2017 11:51
woz: What issue were you having when trying to set up a TXT record? Looks like you were able to successfully save it under your DNS page.
Reply Quote
kingmarshall replied woz :3/18/2024 05:31
Its a really old post, but I had the same problem and found the solution (maybe some day someone needs a solution too and reads this):
If you get the info to setup a TXT Record like this: Domainname: "_acme-challenge.YOURDOMAIN.TLD" with value: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (YOUR VALUE)" you have to add the record under "Subdomain Records (optional)" -> Subdomain: "_acme-challenge" -> Record Type: "TXT" -> IP Address or Target Host: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (YOUR VALUE)".

In short: don't add the full phrase "_acme-challenge.YOURDOMAIN.TLD" and just use "_acme-challenge" WITHOUT your domain following! Then it works! Dynadot adds the domain automatically.
The countertest (if you added _acme-challenge.YOURDOMAIN.TLD) to understand this is to check the published DNS-Record (i.e. here https://www.whatsmydns.net/#TXT/) as _acme-challenge.YOURDOMAIN.TLD.YOURDOMAIN.TLD.
Reply Quote
11/3/2017 11:51
solobaja: I don't see a domain in your account. Do you have more than one?

If you're using our DNS, you can set up the TXT record for your domain. Instructions can be found in our help link here: https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/create-TXT-record - Please contact our online chat or phone support if you'd like to speak to a live representative for additional help.
Reply Quote