Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
how is traffic estimated for auctions?
Posted By jok3r
6/21/2010 15:30
how is traffic estimated for auctions?
I am really disappointed with that service of dynadot, since i bought a domain in an auction for 80+ dollars and was supposed to get about 3400 visits. I put some google analytics code and which is the result for the first days? it gets some visits per day today for example got 4. and was the highest day. Nothing close to 3400 per month!

the sentence "approximate monthly visitors (estimation only, traffic not guaranteed)." must include a link how You estimate it. Else is a scam for me.

also before had alexa and compete rank, now compete rank lost after the auction.. only alexa.
Reply Quote
6/23/2010 09:56
It's pretty much the traffic the domain gets for the 30 days while it's expired.
Reply Quote
7/12/2010 13:57
The problem is you do not filter out Search Engine spiders.

So if a domain used to have a lot of pages on the site and they're all still being requested by spiders, it shows the site is getting lots of traffic, when in reality it isn't.

Spider filtering needs to be implemented :)
Reply Quote