Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Does Dynadot plans to add auction to domain names in future?
10/31/2006 02:54
Hello,

I wonder does Dynadot plans to add auctions section so that users can also sell domains on auction.
Personally I want to sell a domain and find this as a "must have" in your plan.

At least, can You add a forum section called Sell Your Domain Name so users can start a threads.
I think it's not a problem and only You have to do is to ask from buyer to add specific amount of money to prepay account at Dynadot. As the domain is transfered to buyer, money from prepay account can be transfered to seller = Everybody happy.
You guys can take a decent fee!

Best regards
Pedja
Reply Quote
11/2/2006 12:36
We have considered adding an auction or a marketplace. However, we are not sure it is a good idea. There are already huge domain auction sites on the web: www.sedo.com or www.afternic.com. They have hundreds of thousands of users. If you were to buy or sell a domain, wouldn't you rather use them? What could Dynadot offer that they don't?

We have considered adding a domain escrow service. We think that might be useful, to help our domain collector customers safely buy/sell domains.
Reply Quote
11/2/2006 18:26
thats actually good. escrow.com sux cause they aren't a registrar.  Dynadot can be the intermediary in an escrow and push the domain from one account to another.
Reply Quote
11/7/2006 06:40
Well, I would like to do all in one place.
I can buy domains and sell domains here.
I can't think of any reason why you should not expand you services.
Anyhow, I find your system of buying domains, setting dns servers, transferring domains as very good.
Also, I use only moneybookers, I'm not sure that sedo and afternic deal with moneybookers?

Please, consider this.

Thx...
Reply Quote
11/16/2006 14:32
We are not really an expert on domain marketplaces/auctions. Maybe someone else can provide some input: is it a good idea for us to create a domain marketplace/auction?
Reply Quote
11/17/2006 19:13
Come on guys...

You know that your customers already love ya for your service... I know you might be worried about screwing with the system with auction and escrow services... but perhaps you could make an exception and if problems creep up then maybe we can all get together and see how to resolve them...

Maybe even host them on a separate server (but linked to Dynadot) just in case...

Ron
Reply Quote
11/17/2006 19:36
Well, it is not that we are afraid of any technical issues in adding auctions and a marketplace to our website. We know we could do it.

The question for us is will people use it? There are so many domain auction/marketplace websites out there already.

Or would our time be better spend improving our registration services. We only have a limited amount of engineers, and they can only write so much code every day ...

Thoughts?
Reply Quote