Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Choose profile at checkout
Posted By kate
2/7/2007 03:04
OK, I think it would be good to be able to manage different whois profiles and choose which one to apply when registering domains.

With .com .net it's not a big problem as you always edit the whois later but with certain TLDs like .co.uk you can't change the owner info once the domain has been registered without using a particular (paid) procedure.
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
2/7/2007 04:34
One way to do it is use different accounts at DynaDot to hold your different profiles and then once registered transfer to your main account at DynaDot.

While I've not needed to do this and I maybe wrong with my suggestion each account can have a different profile to make registration quick and easy and your holding account can just hold the domain. Technically the domain's ownership details should not change while moving the domain between accounts unless you do an ownership change.
Reply Quote
2/7/2007 14:44
You are able to manage different Whois "profiles" with one Dynadot account, but it requires a bit of work (at this time, anyway).  You can create several Whois profiles by making different contact records:

1. Log into your Dynadot account.
2. Click on the "Domains" tab.
3. Click on the "Contact Records" link in the submenu.  This should load a "Contact Records" page.
4. Click on the "Create new contact record." link.
5. Enter in your contact info in the provided form and then click the "Create Contact" button.

Now, when you want to register a domain for a certain Whois profile, you will need to set your "Default Contacts" first before registering that domain.  To set your "Default Contacts", follow these steps:

1. Log into your Dynadot account.
2. Click on the "Domains" tab.
3. Click on the "Advanced Settings" link in the submenu.  This should load a "Default Contacts" page.
4. Using the drop-down menu, you can select what contact record you want to use for each of the fields in the Whois record.
5. Click on the "Submit" button to save your changes.

This is another way you can set the Whois to a certain profile ahead of time before you register a domain.
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
2/10/2007 08:41
Fine, I will do as you suggest by selecting a default contact prior to registering.
It is only when I need to register a .co.uk that I should pay attention.
Reply Quote