Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Cheap .coms and such
11/17/2006 19:21
Hiya all,

Its amazing that some registrars offer really cheap transfers, renewals or registrations even down to the USD3 buck a piece... just like my "other" registrar. Loads of them promo prices for "loyal customers"...

However, I'm having so much problems with them that I would rather pay the USD7.99 (double or triple) on Dynadot than renew them with the "other registrar". The bloody hassle of dealing with them isn't worth the savings.

Unfortunately I still have more than a hundered domains registered with them and they're now giving me a hard time in obtaining my authorisation codes... saying they are in the midst of upgrading and such and such and therefore my codes are not available as yet... And then there's the problem of my webmail... its screwed up again....

Anyone know if there is a time limit for registrars to submit the authorisation codes when requested by owners??? Would sure like to send icann a note on them...

Having said that, I'm still very happy with Dynadot and the level of service that you guys have been dishing out...

Cheers

Ron
Reply Quote
11/17/2006 19:28
Thank you for your nice posting. If you are paying less than $6.25 per domain, you are probably going to have problems down the road. The reason is that $6.25 is the cost the registrar has to pay for the domain.

And as with anything, if you pay below cost, they are going to try to make the money from you some other way. Usually the renewal cost is higher, or you have to buy hosting, etc. Check out this article for more info:

Domain Name Cost Breakdown
http://www.dynadot.com/resource/article/qa.html?aid=2
Reply Quote
11/18/2006 10:41
if you want to keep pricing low make sure to read this thread on DNF.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=1003327#post1003327

ICANN is going to be allowing 10% annual price caps.  That means that .org/.biz/.info registries can raise prices charged to registrars 10%.  If this works out well it could boil over to .com when that contract is renewed as well.

Dynadot please read this thread and POST a comment on the ICANN message board(link in the thread).  More comments the merrier.
Reply Quote