Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Bitcoin
Posted By tesuji
7/21/2013 01:46
Does Dynadot have any intention to support Bitcoin as a payment method? I'm considering switching to Namecheap because they support this.
Reply Quote
7/22/2013 16:00
Thank you for the post.  We are not considering adding Bitcoin at this time.
Reply Quote
4/19/2016 08:18
After three years, please reconsider accepting bitcoin
Reply Quote
4/20/2016 15:45
We still don't have any plans for this feature, sorry.
Reply Quote
6/2/2016 07:08
The problem with BTC being used for payment of goods is that it is often both a Fiat source currency as well as fluctuating investment. Imagine paying .012568 btc one day for a cup of coffee, then the next day it's value goes up 10%. Now I lose that value (what? I just paid $10 for a cup?) Or goes down (OMG if I sold that cup of coffee (read, sold a domain name)I just lost money (cash value). When BTC was $100 I thought it was too expensive & decided to wait. A month later it had skyrocketed to over $1000. Was I a dummy for not acting fast? Yes. But imagine how pissed off I would have been if I bought a $10 domain when bitcoin was at its $100 price? It would have turned out I'd just paid $100 for for a $10 domain. THAT is why DD does not take BTC.
Reply Quote
6/6/2016 00:22
Thanks for your advice. We will let customers know if we add it in the future.
Reply Quote
6/11/2016 07:00
You are welcome. I wouldn't even mind writing up a little piece on the matter, so that DD members can be better informed. I mean, a young tech guy buys 2000 BTC for $29.00 just for fun, when BTC just came out & forgets about it. Imagine his surprise to discover a few years later to wake up to being a millionaire. LOL!!  But now the blockchain is very long; mining for BTC barely giving value for time put in -- meaning superfast computer investment not paying as much. Generally speaking. Down to $220 a year ago, now near $600, having been a a Bull run for past few days, up $40. Oy!!http://bitcoinist.net/category/bitcoin-breaking-news-brief/ gives a good sense of the problems around the world the past year or so, with break-ins and simple mistakes losing millions. etc.
Reply Quote
6/23/2016 16:27
Thanks!
Reply Quote
Posted By owl
8/21/2016 13:03
dynadot_staff says: Thanks for your advice. We will let customers know if we add it in the future.

You mean you will support BTC payments through Dynadot?

Porkbun accepts Bitcoin.
Reply Quote
8/27/2016 03:36
I suppose if someone was hiding his/her identity behind several domains, all info falsified, then YES BTC is perfect, because you cannot trace the identity of the transaction. Else why would anyone use BTC for a domain purchase? Dynadot has far far superior tools totally less expensive than most. If that doesn't mean anything to you (it doesn't have to), well fine, on your way then.  LOL.
Reply Quote
9/10/2016 11:12
Why anyone would use BTC for domain purchase (or any purchase): They bought their BTC at 500-1000 X less. In other words, using BTC at its current value (about $600) would mean you would have had to buy it at $60. Then THAT is great! I would suppose anyone could convince themselves, if they bought for $300, everything they purchase is 50% off. True. Luagh yourself to the bank. But for most of us, who did not act timely, are in the dumptser
Reply Quote