Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Auction ended during "scheduled maintenance"
4/12/2021 10:12
I was unable to bid in an auction because the website was down for almost an hour and only came back up right after the auction's end time

Why is an auction allowed to end during (allegedly) scheduled maintenance?

Why was the auction not automatically extended?

How is this considered acceptable?
Reply Quote
4/12/2021 10:35
According to support the maintenance wasn't really "scheduled" & the website was actually brought down by excess traffic.

I think it's possible that the person who won the auction DDoS'd the site to prevent anyone else from bidding.  

Can this be investigated?   If the winning bidder only "won" by taking down the website to prevent competing bids, would that not be grounds for re-opening the auction?
Reply Quote
4/14/2021 09:21
Hi, I’m really sorry that you have experienced this. Unfortunately, we are not able to extend any auctions that have ended already. I can assure you that if we find any malicious intent in any of our auctions, we will act accordingly, as it’s really important for us to have fair biddings.
Reply Quote