Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Artificial delays in handling orders?
5/7/2022 03:58
I have purchased a premium domain via Dynadot.
Now I regret I've chosen Dynadot, because this domain was also available on other marketplaces.
Currently Dynadot is "handling" the purchase. It's been 14 days since the payment.
I can see the domain was moved by the seller/registrar to Dynadot after about 5 days.
Still, Dynadot is showing "waiting for auth code" which is completely false.
I think Dynadot is deliberately delaying handing over domain to me waiting longer for their own safety (of fraudulent purchases via Paypal..etc).
If you have informed me about such delays - I'd have paid by secure bank transfer (or through other means).

It is really disappointing as the domain purchase is now "in limbo" for 2 weeks and we can't start working on our new project.
Reply Quote
5/11/2022 11:57
Hello,

We definitely understand your frustration.

Our orders team is aware of what is happening, and we are waiting for external processes to be completed so that we can proceed on our end.

Please be assured that we are vigilant of this specific order, and we apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any more specific questions about this order, please email [email protected], as our orders team has more access than our live chat to specific order-related information.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
d_o_london_gb replied teamdynadot :5/12/2022 03:24
Okay, today my Premium Domain Purchase was abruptly cancelled.
Dynadot claims for 3 weeks you were waiting for the auth code from AfterNIC.
However, the domain in question HAS MOVED to Dynadot after my purchase and currently with Dynadot.
You are the registrar. From whom you're waiting for the authcode?
I think I have been scammed by Dynadot / Dynadot staff on my premium domain purchase and someone just saw the opportunity and stole it from the customer.
Shocking and terrible experience.
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied d_o_london_gb :5/19/2022 22:57
Hello, we understand this can be confused. The premium domain order you recently created was forced to cancel as we were informed by Afternic it was canceled.
Not like you described the domain moved to us after your purchase, the domain had been with us before your order.
Though we are the registrar, we are not the domain owner so can't provide the auth code. Though we are the domain registrar, the domain isn't listed in our marketplace. It is listed in the premium domain sale system which is out of our control, and we contact Afternic who sells the domain for your order.
We have done our diligence for your order. We don't feel well when we were informed the purchase was canceled. Unfortunately the domain isn't sold by us. There is something we can't control. The payment was refunded back to your payment method the moment we received the cancellation notification.
As advised in the email to you, you can try to contact the domain holder directly via our contact form to see if the domain is sellable.
Reply Quote