How do I set up taxes for my Website Builder shopping cart?
Our Website Builder shopping cart allows you to manually set up taxes for any country. Then our system will automatically charge customers these taxes based on their location.
To add taxes for different countries:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select “My Websites” from the left-side menu bar.
- Click on the "edit" link next to the website builder you want to use.
- Click on the "Shopping Cart" (the one that looks like a cart) on the left-hand tool bar.
- Before adding tax information, you must add shipping zones that include the countries you want to set the tax for.
- After you have added the shipping zones, click the "Tax" tab and you should see the countries that you added as shipping zones listed.
- Click on the country to set the tax rate.
- If the country you have selected has different states or provinces, our system will also allow you to set different taxes for each.
- Enter the regional tax for your state or province and then use the drop down to either add it to the country tax, use it instead of the country tax, or compound it on top of the country tax. *See examples below.
- Click the "Save" button on the top left on the screen to finalize your changes.
- Add to country tax: If country tax is 5% and regional tax is 2%, total tax would be 7%. On an order of $100, customer would pay $7 tax.
- Instead of country tax: If country tax is 5% and regional tax is 2%, tax would be 2%. On an order of $100, customer would pay $2 tax.
- Compounded on top of country tax: If country tax is 5% and regional tax is 2%, on an order of $100 the customer would pay $5 for country tax. Then the regional tax would be based on the order total + country tax, which is $105 in this example. 2% of $105 is an additional $2.10 in tax, resulting in a total of $7.10 in taxes for the order.
You will need to purchase our Website Builder Business Plan in order to get access to our shopping cart feature. There are many additional features that our Business Plan offers including seamless email integration and unlimited everything.