How do I map my Wordpress blog to my domain?
To map yourdomain.wordpress.com site to your Dynadot domain, please follow these steps:
First, you want to add WordPress name servers to your account.
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Name Servers" in the drop-down.
- Click on the "Add Name Server" button.
- Enter "NS1.WORDPRESS.COM" in the "Name Server" box.
- Press the "Add Name Server" button.
- Repeat steps two more times entering "NS2.WORDPRESS.COM" and "NS3.WORDPRESS.COM".
Next, you want to set your domain to use these name servers.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Bulk Action" button.
- Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Bulk Action" list.
- On the DNS page, select "Name Servers" from the top drop-down menu.
- Choose the "Select from your Name Servers" option and select the Wordpress name servers you added.
- Press the "Save Name Servers" button to save your changes.
Now you want to purchase the domain mapping upgrade through your WordPress dashboard. (NOTE: It costs $12 for this service)
- Navigate to Store, then Domains in your blog's dashboard.
- Enter the domain into the form at the top of the page and click the "Add domain to blog" button.
- You will be prompted to pay for the upgrade and complete the process.
Finally, you want to set your WordPress account to use your domain.
- Go back to the Store, then Domains page and select the radio button next to the domain you want to use. Click the "Update Primary Domain" button.