How do I map my Wordpress blog to my domain?
To map yourdomain.wordpress.com site to your Dynadot domain, please follow these steps:
First, you want to add WordPress name servers to your account.
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Name Servers" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Click on the "Add a domain name server" link. Enter "NS1.WORDPRESS.COM" and then click on the "Submit" button. Repeat two more times entering "NS2.WORDPRESS.COM" and "NS3.WORDPRESS.COM".
Next, you want to set your domain to use these name servers.
- Select "Manage" from the "Domains" tab in the main menu.
- Check the box next to the domain name(s) and click on the "Set Nameservers" icon.
- Click on the "Name Servers" tab.
- Under "Option 2: Select Name Servers", click the first drop-down box and choose "NS1.WORDPRESS.COM". Repeat for "NS2.WORDPRESS.COM" and "NS3.WORDPRESS.COM".
- Click on the "Select Name Servers" button to save your changes. (It can take about 20 minutes for your settings to propagate.)
Now you want to purchase the domain mapping upgrade through your WordPress dashboard. (NOTE: It costs $12 for this service)
- Navigate to Store, then Domains in your blog's dashboard.
- Enter the domain into the form at the top of the page and click the "Add domain to blog" button.
- You will be prompted to pay for the upgrade and complete the process.
Finally, you want to set your WordPress account to use your domain.
- Go back to the Store, then Domains page and select the radio button next to the domain you want to use. Click the "Update Primary Domain" button.