How do I set up Advanced Hosting email to work with my Gmail account?
To set up your Advanced Hosting email to work with your Gmail account, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Go to Settings and click on Accounts and Import.
- Click the "Add POP3 Email Account" button.
- Enter in the email address you'd like to access through Gmail.
- Google will now ask you for a username/password. The username is your full email address. The password is the password you've set up for your email address.
- If you'd like to use a secure connection (SSL) for sending and receiving email you'll need to check the box and use the name of the server you are on as the POP server, for example, zucchini.dynadot.com (your server name is listed in the URL when you go to the cPanel login). Then set the port to 995. If you do not want to use SSL, you can put mail.yourdomain for the POP server and use 110 for the port setting.
- You can select whether or not you'd like to be able to send email from that address once you go to the next step.
- Then you can choose the name you'd like associated with the email address.
- You can select Gmail to send email or you can send it through our servers. In either case, the from email address will still show as your domain email. If you choose to send through our servers, you will enter the same information you entered for the POP server earlier. If you are choosing to use SSL for this you will need to enter the name of your server and put the port to 465. If you are not choosing to use SSL, you need to put mail.yourdomain with the port set to 25. You can access manual mail client configuration settings as well as auto-configure settings we have available for Microsoft Outlook Express and the Mac Mail App in your cPanel account.
- After you complete your set up, Gmail will send you a verification email with a confirmation code you will need to enter. After you enter the confirmation code, you will see your new email listed in the Accounts & Imports section where you can also select whether or not you want to reply from the same address the message was sent to or not.