Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
How do I connect my domain to my Minecraft server?
To connect your domain to your Minecraft Server you would need to create an "A" record that points to your server's IP address, and a "SRV" record. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Bulk Action" button.
- Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Bulk Action" list.
- On the DNS page, select the "Dynadot DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
- In the "Domain Record (required)" section, select "A" from the drop-down menu and then enter your server's IP address in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
- Enter "_minecraft._tcp" in the subdomain box.
- Under the "Subdomain Records" section, select "SRV" from the "Record Type" drop-down menu.
- In the "IP Address or Target Host" field, you will need to enter the Priority, Weight, Port and Target, with one space in between each value. The Priority should be "0", and the Weight should be "5". The Port would be your custom Minecraft port, and the Target should be your root domain name (with no "http://www.") for example, yourdomain.com
- Click on the "Save DNS" button to save your changes.
Your settings should look similar to what is shown below: (click on it to see it larger)