Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
where do i get the API key?
11/3/2011 09:23
where in the control panel do i get the API key?
Reply Quote
11/7/2011 17:10
You need to be a Bulk Customer in order to get an API key.  

Where can I find my API settings?

Manage your domains with Dynadot's API! We have all the tools you need to build and use your own software and servers to search for domains, register domains, dropcatch domains, and more.

To find your API settings, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "Tools" from the left-side menu bar and click "API" in the drop-down.
  3. Unlock your account using the link provided.
  4. Enter your account password in the provided field and click the "Generate New Key" button.
  5. It should now say "API Enabled: Needs IP Address" above the password field.
  6. Enter the IP address(es) of the devices that will use the API in the "IP Address" section below and click the "Set IP Address" button.
  7. Enter your password above again and click "Get Key."
  8. Your API key will be listed right above the "API Key" section header.
  9. You will need to copy this key in your code.
  10. Finally, don't forget to re-lock your account!

Please note: This feature is not available to new accounts.

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > API > Where can I find my API settings?
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 12:31
Awesome, this works great! But one question, how much money i should add into my account to have this api key working? Or once it was generated it will work for me?
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 12:42
You're no longer required to have a minimum spending amount to use the API.  You do need an available balance if you want to register domains.  It looks like you added a prepay, so you should be able to start. :)
Reply Quote
Posted By nasir
5/12/2014 00:02
hi,i need help regarding the the domain already registered in my account,i want the domain to be shown on whmcs billing software,how can i do that,please help
Reply Quote
8/5/2014 15:40
We actually don't support WHMCS, so we are not able to help you with that.
Reply Quote
10/28/2018 07:54
How Can I use key api ? I don't known Use . my first time .
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied biny127 :11/3/2018 00:58
Our API, or application program interface, provides you with the tools to build and use your own software and servers to search for domains, register domains, and more. You can check more information from this page: https://www.dynadot.com/domain/api.html
Reply Quote