Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Snatcher2 - Lightning Fast and Extremely Powerful Expired Domain Dropcatching Software
2/20/2012 11:24
SNATCHER 2

Now available is the latest version of Snatcher, the phenomenal drop-catching software that has successfully helped users in domaining countless times. Snatcher 2 offers all the great features of the original Snatcher Classic, along with updated and newly added features that will be highly beneficial in your drop-catching work.

These features include:
- NO monthly subscription fees
- Multiple API providers to choose from
- 50x the speed of Snatcher Classic
- Only 300ms between WHOIS requests
- Integration with our subscription service, Sitespotter
- Automatic update check and installation
- In-application WHOIS system reveals drop date of pending delete names

Over 100,000 domains are dropped every day. Don’t miss another chance to cash in on this opportunity! As the name implies, Snatcher quickly snatches up domains the instant they drop, sending them to your registration for you to resell at a profit. It works in tandem with Sitespotter, which sifts through the queue to find those names that are worth looking at, while discarding those that are junk. Snatcher 2 now works faster than ever before with only 300ms between WHOIS requests to determine domain availability.

As an exclusive deal, we are offering this software with an added bonus: 2 free months of platinum subscription for Sitespotter! This deal is only available for a limited time at a low price of just $99.99. So don’t miss out!

Learn more at dropcatches.com

For a limited time, Dynadot users only can get 20% OFF using promo code "DDDISCOUNT"
Reply Quote
2/21/2012 09:57
Do previous users get the upgrade?

My snatcher v1 has not worked for some time.
Reply Quote
2/29/2012 09:17
Is that a no?
Reply Quote
2/29/2012 14:24
Tried buying it today... and their shopping cart is down. Really like to check it out as there aren't too many reviews I've found (for Snatcher2) and Dynadot doesn't require the $500 deposit anymore for API access.

10501 Invalid Configuration This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration. Error

Strange error, as well.
Reply Quote
3/1/2012 05:57
I own the snatcher1 version and I don't believe it ever worked for me. Maybe it was just my configuration but it would run and look like it was scanning but it would never pick up domains that I could hand reg.

That version was not using the api.
I'd appreciate an upgrade from the seller  - guessing he does not check here often.
Reply Quote
3/2/2012 19:04
You're welcome to contact me about Snatcher 2.  

I purchased it 4 days ago.  It never worked correctly.  The developer, Drew, insulted me and said I didn't have a clue what I was doing and rather explain how his software should work he said he should just save himself the headache and give me a refund.  I said fine, just send me a refund.  Now he won't answer emails and hasn't given a refund.  $99 tossed away for nothing.  He shouldn't be allowed to post on here at all.

Tomorrow I'll fire letters to his local BBB and Attorney General's Office.  If you want to know the limitations or see the emails exchanged then let me know.  

Whatever you do, don't send him a PayPal payment.  

Best regards,

P.S. Notice there is NO WARRANTY period mentioned anywhere on this website and no contact information.  I should have trusted my gut instincts but I saw the post on here and figured he was a legitimate seller.  Expect no support, 2-3 days response to emails if you get a response at all and if you explain how his software only works for less than one minute at a time you'll receive a rash of insults.  I'm looking for a way to report him before he scams someone else on here.

[This post has been edited by j_s_la_porte_us on Mar 2, 2012 7:12pm.]
Reply Quote
3/5/2012 08:16
Thanks for the warning bud.  Sucks.
Reply Quote
3/20/2012 02:22
m_s_marietta_us, I would like you to know that we just released a brand new upgrade.  More speed, more registrars, better functionality, etc.

What this user failed to mention is that he did not read the no refund policy or the server prerequisites required to run Snatcher prior to impulsively hitting the purchase button.  He also only paid half price.

Now, this user has gone around the entire internet, to complaint forums everywhere, the BBB, every domaining forum, and told flagrant lies about my product and my service.

And he prides himself in his ability to "squash my business".  Jody - I think you better stop this.
Reply Quote
3/21/2012 13:30
Drew,

You're a scammer and shouldn't be allowed to post here.  Let's state the facts and not some make-believe nonsense you've created to question my integrity.

You advertised your product worked.  Your website didn't have a NO RETURNS refund policy until late last week and most likely brought about by the large number of people arguing for a refund and reporting you to the authorities.  

You seriously think you can sell software, blame the buyer's  server, attack the credibility of the buyer and then say NO REFUNDS the day after he paid and proved your software doesn't work?  You're a thief plan and simple.  If your software was HALF AS GOOD as you claim you'd not have a scammer's NO REFUNDS return policy!

Enough with arguing about your scam and lies.  Here are the facts and I'll share proof with anyone that wants original emails and transactional proof.  

I'm not trying to squash your business.  I'm sharing my experience with you ripping me off.  I reported your software didn't work the same day I bought it, asked for a refund the day after I bought it and you never responded to my emails.  So 2 days after you sell software that doesn't work you refuse to refund?  That's your reputation and you sure did earn it.  No legitimate software developer has a no refund policy without at least a 3 day trial.  

Let's look at this joke of a software called Snatcher 2.  You are selling a product that is advertised to catch domains but runs one minute during a session unless you manually restart it.  Your software relies on YOUR WHOIS server to determine if a domain is available then relays all the information through your server to the API so YOU can monitor and most likely snipe highly sought after domains yourself.  How convenient?

If your WHOIS server goes down your software is broken.  If your WHOIS server is slow your software won't catch anything.  You advertise some BS millisecond catch rates when the logs from your software clearly shows it can't process an attempted catch more than once every 2 seconds.  After 30 attempts your software posts a message to keep from being banned by the API it's shutting down.  There is your whole snatcher session, you get one attempt every 2 seconds and after 30 attempts the software quits.  Now if you have nothing else to do you can click a button and restart it for another minute.  So if you're working the dot com drop session you get an API request once every two seconds and get to restart it after 30 attempts.

Now if you want to know software that works then look at Dropking.  First of all the guy is 100% the real deal.  He offers GREAT support and will give you a full refund for 7 days if you don't like his software. It costs you about $50 more than snatcher but it works!  It hits the API twice a second (for real) and will work until you tell it to stop.  You can run multiple instances of it from your desktop (no server-side nonsense) and schedule it for every drop time you want to work.  It doesn't rely on a scamming developer's whois server snooping on you and actually works as advertised.  I've owned Dropking since being scammed by Drew and there is no comparison.  Drew's product wouldn't make a pimple on Dropking's butt.  Dropking will clean a Snatcher 2 users plate before the sucker knows what happened.  Dropking will make 4 successful queries to every ONE query of Snatcher making Dropking at least 4 times faster.  Couple that with the fact Dropking runs the full hour without intervention and Snatcher is nothing but a kid's toy.  Really like taking candy from a baby.

Drew don't threaten me Son.  You haven't seen anything yet. I've just got real business to tend to.  When I get time I'll fill the internet with my experience with you and how you stole $99 from me.  I told you before this started to just send my $99 back and we're done.  Instead you kept my money, suspended my account which makes your software quit working and now question my integrity.  I'm not the one that created a NO REFUND policy after ripping off a member for $99.  Send my money back and I'll forget your scam and be about my business.  Keep my $99 and expect much more when I have time.  Who knows you might find you how just how good I really am at SEO.  If you think it's worth $99 to keep your reputation clean for the next couple years then I'm damn sure going to make you earn every penny of it.  I'll keep you plenty busy trying to bury the truth.

Best regards
Reply Quote
3/27/2012 05:48
Drew,

I asked if existing customers received the upgrade for free above - did not see a response from you.

I own the version 1 of this - it never did work for me.
Reply Quote
3/27/2012 21:50
I've tried both snatcher and dropking.. Both programs are great and have both caught domains for me.  

Drew does update his software more frequently than DropKing and has more options but you know the saying.. if it ain't broken don't fix it.  Dan (Dropking) is quick to answer support emails but didn't know anything about Dynadot's API going bonkers. His IDN tool while it has caught 90% of the names I wanted does not do the greatest job showing status or clearing caught names.. No software is perfect.

Do you have the right server setup? Even one bad configuration can screw up the script.  Did you do a big enough test run with 15+ domains?  The best domains are probably on many people's lists.. Some of these other drop catchers may have their own registrars.

Last week neither DropKing or Snatcher were working the same 2 days.. Perhaps you purchased snatcher during one of the days Dynadot was completely down.. Try it for another week and see if it gets better as some days are just better than others with Dynadot's API.

My only complaint is I didn't really get a chance to try out sitespotter.. Overall tho I'm happy with both programs and I put the blame on Dynadot's API. Drew, Dan and others please expand the number of registrar API's supported. ;-)
Reply Quote