Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
API add record rather than overwrite
5/3/2021 22:49
I'm very disappointed with the API provided by Dynadot due to the following:-

1.  When adding a record, I have to fetch all my records together with the new one.  For example, if i have existing 30 records, to add 1 more, I have to send 31 records altogether.  This doesn't make sense at all.  How on earth are we going to retrieve the history of the 30 records?

2.  The API is not using standard REST with JSON.  Still using an old school XML

Because of the lack of documentation and weird API behaviour,  https://github.com/go-acme/lego has rejected adding Dynadot as their provider.  This is really a bad start for me as I just signed up with Dynadot and I couldn't use terraform to work with my DNS.
Reply Quote
1/11/2022 11:06
Would love to see an updated API so that we could integrate with lego and other ACME providers
Reply Quote
11/15/2022 12:24
I join the request to update the API to an appropriate state for 2022 (at least post-2010s :D). Otherwise, this API is considered to be missing altogether.
Reply Quote