Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Help Me Pls I Can't Verify My Domain Via Domain Via TXT Record
9/22/2011 06:13
Hi all, Im trying to list my domain for sale on flippa website and have tried the whois email and it is not working. I decided to try the DOMAIN VIA TXT RECORD route and don't know how to do this.
I have been given a TXT record but I don't know what to do or how to do it.
Please I will appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.
Thanks in adavance.
Reply Quote
9/26/2011 17:03
You can enter your TXT record on the DNS tab you see on the Name Server Management page.  

You'll also need to add your first DNS record.

What is Dynadot DNS?

Dynadot DNS is a domain name server setting in which you use our name server software to resolve the IP address for your domain. In this case, however, you are the person setting the IP address for your domain and your mail servers for your domain. Therefore, the IP address you enter will need to be the IP address of a web server that will respond to web requests for your domain.

We can map both "mydomain.com" and "www.mydomain.com" to an IP address that you specify. If you have a web server at this IP address, you can now host a website. If you have an email server at this IP address, you can now receive email. You can also specify up to 5 MX records if you want your email to go to a different location than web requests. Alternatively, you can set up to 10 email aliases (including catch-all email forwarding) to forward your domain's email to an existing email address.

We also allow you to specify up to 50 subdomains using A records and CNAME records. For example, you can set the IP address or target host for "ftp.mydomain.com". Wildcards are allowed for A records. You can also specify 5 TXT records with our DNS setting.

Learn how to set up DNS for your domain

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > DNS > What is Dynadot DNS?

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Sep 26, 2011 5:03pm.]
Reply Quote