Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Dydanot name servers
4/4/2014 03:02
Hello, I am new customer, and I do not understand: why Dynadot do not set by default its own name servers?

Can I use them? I have no own name servers. I just what my domain to be attached to certain IP. How to do this, what name servers have to serve this goal?

I have to set up ns1.dynadot.com  ns2.dynadot.com  to name servers, or what?
Reply Quote
4/4/2014 14:56
Welcome!  By default, all domains are set to Dynadot parking unless you change the default settings in your account.  You can't manually set our name servers to your domain if you don't have a web hosting plan with us.  If you want to point your domain to an IP address, you can create an A record using DNS.

How do I create an A record to point my domain to an IP address?

To create an A record, please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
  3. Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Action" button.
  4. Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Action" list.
  5. On the DNS Settings page, select the "Dynadot DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
  6. In the "Domain Record (optional)" section, select "A" from the drop-down menu and then enter your IP address in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
  7. In the "Subdomain Records (optional)" section, enter "www" as the subdomain, select "A" from the drop-down menu and then enter your IP address in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
  8. Press the "Save Settings" button to save your changes.

Please be aware it might take some time for your settings to propagate.

Wix Hosting, Weebly

From Help Section: Account & Domain Management > Name Server Settings > How do I create an A record to point ...
Reply Quote
6/18/2015 00:53
I have created an A record using DNS by following your tip, but how do I deal with the name servers setting? Leave it blank? Or keep the old nameservers which belongs to the ex-owner i bought the domain from?

Thanks.
Reply Quote
6/26/2015 13:31
You don't have to worry about the name servers settings since you're using DNS. DNS overrides the name servers you previously had set.
Reply QuoteHide Replies
j_v_c_valencia_es replied teamdynadot :10/14/2019 03:34
teamdynadot says: You don't have to worry about the name servers settings since you're using DNS. DNS overrides the name servers you previously had set.

Reply Quote