Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domain Auction Locked
9/17/2010 19:04
The domains i purchased over 2 months ago is still auction locked. When will my domains be released fully to me?
Reply Quote
9/20/2010 18:15
The auction lock should have been removed 30 days after the auction order completed.  If there is a specific domain where you believe that the auction lock should have been removed, please email us at [email protected].

What does it mean when a domain is in "Auction Lock" status?

When a domain won in our Expired Domain Auctions is added to the winning bidder's account, the domain is put in "Auction Lock" status for about 15 days.

While in this status, the domain cannot be unlocked, transferred to a different registrar, or moved into another Dynadot account. However, you can set the name servers for the domain. The Whois information will still show the registrant as "Pending Renewal or Deletion."

At the end of the 15 days, the "Auction Lock" status will automatically be removed.

NOTE:

• This is different than the "Buy Lock" that is placed on Marketplace domains.
  • Inventory from our registrar partners may have a 60 day hold depending on registry transfer requirements. Dynadot is unable to override such restrictions.
From Help Section: Domain Market > Expired Domain Auctions > What does it mean when a domain is in...
Reply QuoteHide Replies
domainsellerpro replied teamdynadot :9/27/2019 23:33
But why?  I am searching and everything tells me what but not why.  Is there still risk of renewal during the auction lock?    What is the purpose of the auction lock, who the hell does it help?  I cannot see how it is helping me...
Reply Quote
travler replied domainsellerpro :4/17/2023 13:41
I'm looking for this answer, almost 4 years after the original poster, and haven't found an explanation.
Reply Quote
teamdynadot replied travler :5/4/2023 08:00
Hello,

We are very sorry for the late response!

In reality, the purpose of the auction lock is similar to the buy lock, and that is to prevent fraud. This lock helps protect our sellers from not being compensated for their domain and then losing the domain, if the winner/buyer requests a chargeback and transfers the domain out right away. If it wasn't for that, we may find ourselves in a tricky situation with the other registrar.

Hope this helps!

If you have any other queries that you feel Dynadot customer service may be able to help you with, please do not hesitate to contact us via chat or our email, [email protected]. While we make sure to check forums every once in a while, it is mainly meant to be a place for our customers to interact.

Best regards,
Dynadot Support Team
Reply Quote
domainsellerpro replied teamdynadot :5/21/2023 11:18
BUT if it is sold and transferred in the marketplace, you do not have that risk, as it is still in the dynadot system.  Shouldn’t it a external transfer lock?  As long as it is within the dynadot system you can take corrective actions.  Why punish the non-fraudsters for the acts of the fraudsters?  How about a system where an user, who has had an account, lets say for over 2 years, has registered X amount of domains AND has a track record of trust is rewarded for their loyalty.  Strange concept, trusting regular customers and not holding everyone to the same standard as the highest risk.  I would be impressed, but that might be to big of a hassle…
Reply Quote