Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Upcoming Account Security Change
4/16/2009 15:11
We will be adding a new account security feature called the access level lock to help prevent anyone from unlocking your domains or changing your account information without your permission.  A user must authenticate himself before he can make any of the aforementioned changes.  The access level lock will automatically re-lock itself after one hour has passed.

This change will become active within the next week.  If you need to edit your account information, please do so now.  If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
Reply Quote
4/16/2009 22:17
Would you please elaborate what does it mean "authenticate himself". What are we doing when entering user/pass combination? Isn't it authentication process already? Please describe exact procedure. Thanks.
Reply Quote
4/16/2009 23:04
This change will become active within the next week.  If you need to edit your account information, please do so now.

what does it mean ?? after new security change we will not be able to change account info. ??

please explain it to users before implementation and take their feed backs ...

tell us its advantages.

Looking forward....
Reply Quote
4/17/2009 01:35
yes please explain more that would be authentication? by phone? by address etc.?
Reply Quote
Posted By tanya
4/17/2009 06:38
Dynadot, please give more detailed information regarding this new account security...
Reply Quote
4/17/2009 14:10
Thank you for your feedback so far.  This additional security feature will help provide extra security if your username and password is compromised.  We will be verifying users by asking for their birthday, though in the future, we may add additional methods of authentication.
Reply Quote
4/17/2009 21:32
But please make all innovations with on/off mode. You may turn it on by default though. Don't go Microsoft way. I like current Dynadot interface and wouldn't be happy to move elsewere if things go "we know better what YOU want" way. In particular I'm worried about "we may add additional methods of authentication". What? Surprises? No please. I want stability. Please announce all your revisions for at least one month before so I could transfer all my domains out here if I dislike scheduled changes.
Reply Quote
4/17/2009 23:46
+100
Dear Dynadot, we also won't any 'surprises'. We're moved from previous registrar because they was experimentators :-E
The one thing we just want - is a STABILITY AND FRIENDLY SERVICE.
Reply Quote
4/18/2009 01:15
Here is the main difference:

After the change, you will also have to enter your birthday if you want to change your account information (password, email address).

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
4/18/2009 02:20
Well, Birth date is already being asked when you lock / unlock domain

what will be this new ??

and birth date is not a security i think because anyone can know your birth date. so better to leave it as it is now.

easy to use interface.

well here i have a suggestion that might add some security that when some one unlock domain send an email to the owner with verification and if he/she verify then unlock.

and that be easy for us too. but please don't make so complications.

Regards...
Reply Quote
4/22/2009 18:11
Thank you very much for your feedback.  The change is structured so that if you want to edit your account information or change your password, you will need to enter in your birthday.  Simply put, any changes to your account information or your password must undergo the same security procedure required for you to unlock your domains.

> But please make all innovations with on/off mode. You may turn it on by
> default though. Don't go Microsoft way. I like current Dynadot interface and
> wouldn't be happy to move elsewere if things go "we know better what YOU want"
> way. In particular I'm worried about "we may add additional methods of
> authentication". What? Surprises? No please. I want stability.

As far as I know, any additional methods of authentication will be optional.  We are working on one such verification method that will require you to turn it on from within your account.  It will not be turned on by default.

> well here i have a suggestion that might add some security that when some one
> unlock domain send an email to the owner with verification and if he/she
> verify then unlock.

This is a good suggestion that we will consider.  However, what happens if your email account has been stolen?  Your idea will not keep your account secure in this scenario.

The account security change we announced last week is now active.  If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
Reply Quote