Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Email forwarding/MX records for Parking and Web Hosting
4/9/2007 18:06
Along with Forwarding, and Stealth Forwarding, you now have the option of specifying a catch-all email address, or a separate mail host for our Parking and Web Hosting domain server selections.
Reply Quote
4/11/2007 22:06
This may not be the correct place for this question, if so please move it to the right forum.

I am unable to find information on MX records with regard to redundant email addresses.

If I want to use the site email as the primary and another email (not on that site's mail server) as a secondary and third as a backup how do I go about this? Does the email domain matter in this case?
Reply Quote
4/12/2007 14:45
I don't quite understand the question. Do you want to forward emails to another email address if the primary mail host is unavailable. Usually if the primary mail host is unavailble, the email gets sent to the other MX record hosts, and those hosts just keep trying to send the email to the primary mail host.
Reply Quote