Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
API version 2 Added: Renew and Set Nameservers
5/19/2010 12:03
We have just added API version 2. You can search for, register, and delete domains like in the original API. In version 2 you can also renew domains and set nameservers.

http://www.dynadot.com/domain/api2.html
Reply Quote
10/21/2010 11:18
I hope you can expand on the api to have the ability to register name servers and add/assign contacts.
Reply Quote
8/22/2011 20:39
Actually, my experience is that you can NOT use DynaDot to change a dot address for a name server once you have created it.

I've tried something simple like swapping the dot addresses between NS1 and NS2 -- that hasn't propagated in a week even thought Dynadot lists it as changed in my account.

I recently tried assigning completely different dot addresses to an existing NS1 & NS2 pair registered with DynaDot (we changed servers) and that has yet to propagate -- and I strongly doubt if it will.

I haven't tried completely deleting the nameserver listed in my account and recreating.  It's quite a hassle to go back through the domains that had used the deleted nameserver.

I really don't think this "feature" is ready for prime time.

Regards,

Pat Ampulla
Reply Quote