Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Creating an account for an organization
4/23/2023 10:23
I have had for many years my own Dynadot account, as well as accounts with a few other registrars. Since I was in charge of a small research institute, I used to manage private domain names and work-related domain names from the same accounts. But I am now retired, and while continuing to take care of work-related domain names and websites, I want to make a clean separation between what belongs to the private field and what belongs to the professional field. This will make it easier for somebody else to take over at some point.
Thus I have decided to create a second Dynadot account with the name of the institute. However, on the "create account" page, the only option is to give my own name. No option for adding the name of a company or other kind of organization, despite the fact that a Dynadot blog post mentions this is possible: "When you sign up for a free account with us, we ask for your name and just above that we also ask for your organization" as an option (https://www.dynadot.com/community/blog/set-up-company-domain-account.html).
I am wondering if I fail to see something? Or is this only meant to US-based Dynadot customers? (I reside in Switzerland.
I would appreciate to know if there is any way to include the name of an organization when creating an account. Or should I do it after having created the account? I thank you in advance.
Reply Quote
5/3/2023 07:56
Hello,

We sincerely apologise for the delayed response!

You are correct, after you complete your registration, you will be able to edit your profile and add the Organisation name. In regard to the actual person's name you select for the account, please don't worry, you can change it when the account changes ownership. All that you need to do is to memorise the date you selected as the date of birth, because it will be needed to unlock the account before any changes are made.

We sincerely hope this helps!

If you need any additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us via chat or email, in order to receive prompt assistance.

Best regards,
Dynadot Support Team
Reply Quote