Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
ICANN Fee for Tasting
1/30/2008 07:06
Will Dynadot also levy a fee for domain tasting ?
Reply Quote
2/4/2008 00:13
I too am concerned about this after reading this article today:

http://blog.domaintools.com/2008/01/domain-tasting-will-die-in-2008/

Dynadot, how will all this affect us?
Reply Quote
2/4/2008 13:10
If ICANN charges their transaction fee for all domains, even grace deleted domains, then we would have to charge for grace deletions also.
Reply Quote
Posted By dax
2/26/2008 03:18
I think tasting when it is abused by a circle of registrars passing names around is a disgrace.

Why not just stop domains being 'ringed' if that is the problem?

eg. 7 day delay before AGP can be applied again to a previously AGP'd name - simple.

I find AGP very useful and  I would also be happy to pay icann fee - but i am worried that the fee alone may not stop the real abuse. Please think carefully ICANN ..
Reply Quote
Posted By mellie
2/26/2008 06:47
Tasting should have been banned years ago. Honest mistake deletions should be allowed with a 24 hour grace period. In these cases the basic ICANN fee of 20c cents should be deducted from the refund. Maybe the same amount again as well for the registrar.

That should leave a bad taste in some peoples mouths - bad luck. Those who have abused the system for so long get no sympathy from me and most other registrants.
Reply Quote
3/31/2008 08:43
DELETE

[This post has been edited by t_b_underling_us on Mar 31, 2008 9:00am.]
Reply Quote
3/31/2008 08:59
dynadot_staff, will you refund our money/ credit to us when ICAAN kills domains tasting by implementing the mandatory $0.25 charge? Many of us have $1000 and more in credit in our accounts for domain tasting, but when ICAAN kills it will you refund our money to us because domain tasting will no longer be possible?

[This post has been edited by t_b_underling_us on Mar 31, 2008 9:00am.]
Reply Quote
3/31/2008 21:14
Why hasn't my question above been answered by dynadot_staff. This is rediculous
Reply Quote
4/1/2008 00:48
No, they will not refund your money.  Dynadot state in their terms and conditions that no refunds will be issued.  If you have a problem with that then you should have read the T&C`s before you added any funds.
Reply Quote
4/1/2008 08:22
But the circumstances have changed. ICAAN now charges $0.25 for each deleted domain. This was not the case when many peopel deposited their money. Are you telling those people who deposited there money 1 year ago that they should have known about the changes ICAAN was going to bring about regarding Domain Tasting. Many people intended to practice domain tasting, but with the ICAAN fees their business model is no longer valid.

Dynadot_staff, for the sake of happy customers, I hope you will at least consider a partial refund to those who intended their accounts here to be for Domain Tasting and for that reason only they deposited $1000s of dollars into their Dynadot account.

[This post has been edited by t_b_underling_us on Apr 1, 2008 8:23am.]
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
4/1/2008 10:15
AFAIK icann is not charging yet for tasting but it is in the works.
Reply Quote