Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Redirect
11/8/2006 07:44
Hello,

I have my hosting with site5.com, and i have freedomcallwarriors.com as a domain pointer on the same FTP. I have my DNS servers pointed at the FTP's dns server's, and my forums are set up, working properly at the link:

http://www.freedomcallwarriors.com/forum

However, when i type in JUST

freedomcallwarriors.com/forum

It redirects me to Dynadot's homepage.. same as if i type in

freedomcallwarriors.com

I'm just curious, why would this happen? It works if i include the www., but other than that, it redirects to here. Any tips/suggestions? thanks...
Reply Quote
11/8/2006 12:02
It is probably a caching issue. Your computer or ISP has the previous name server settings for freedomcallwarriors.com cached, but www.freedomcallwarriors.com was not cached.

You can try restarting your computer to clear your computer's cache. If that doesn't work then it's probably your ISP's cache. Their cache should expire in a couple days.

If you view freedomcallwarriors.com/forum from a computer and ISP that hasn't visited your site before the DNS change, you should see that the correct page loads.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
11/8/2006 13:01
Thanks for the help, but the only problem with that is, that It does it here, at home, where I could understand it being chaced, yet, it also does it from the School's Netowork computers that I attend. And there is no reason it should be cached there either locally, or within the ISP.

I will just give it a couple of days, and see how it turns out. I will be back if it continues.. Hopefully now though..

Thanks again :)
Reply Quote
11/11/2006 01:49
I had this same problem mate...I just deleted all my history etc, then all worked fine again.  I made sure it worked for a friend of mine too :)
Reply Quote
11/11/2006 21:52
its my third day of waiting for my domain to work
Reply Quote
11/12/2006 11:36
It may take up to 5 days for name server caches to expire. It depends on your ISP.

I just checked both:
freedomcallwarriors.com
www.freedomcallwarriors.com

They both forwarded to the same page. So for the rest of the internet your forwarding is working properly. You just have to wait for your local cache to expire for you to get the same result.
Reply Quote