Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
Sorry, can't receive informationPlease move your mouse to the dialog
How to help those affected by the California fires
Written by Samantha Escobar
Nov 13, 2018
WHAT TO DONATE
Some items that are needed are: Non-perishable food items, water, air filters and purifiers, phone chargers, batteries, packaged underwear, clothing, toiletries, socks, blankets, pillows, feminine products, baby supplies, pet supplies, tents, sleeping bags, can openers, adult and child diapers, hand sanitizer, deodorant, and much more.
Stores like Goodwill and Salvation Army are taking donations for food and clothes. If you would also like to drop off items to donate this link has a list of places that are accepting donations.
- American Red Cross: This organization is taking donations right now in order to help fire victims. If you would like more information on receiving shelter, their website has links and can lead you in the right direction
- California Community Foundation: Donate to the CCF Wildfire Relief Fund. This proceeds will help vicitms who have lost homes/belongings and also with medical care and meantal health service for those affected by any wildfire detstruction in California.
- North Valley Community Foundation: This nonprofit is located in Chico and is helping evacuees find a safe shelters.
- Firefighters Charitable Foundation: If you would like to donate to firefighters and volunteers. Follow the link and read morew on this amazing foundation that helps the brave firefighters!
- Airbnb's Open Home Program: If you are a host on Airbnb, this program allows you to open up your home to victims who have lost their property.
There are many others ways to make quick donations! Many websites like Google and Amazon are taking donations. These donations can help out an individual or family in need. It's heartbreaking to see how much destruction these wildfires have caused in California. Let's come together in these difficult times and help one another.