How do I link text in your Website Builder?
We've made it easy to link text within our Website Builder! To add a link to your text, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select the "Website Builder" tab in the main menu.
- Click on the "edit" link next to the website builder you want to use.
- Go to the page with the text box where you want to add the link and click in the box, so your cursor is blinking. (Learn how to add a new text box if need to add a new one.)
- You should see a text options box pop up at the top of the text box.
- You can either highlight the text you want to link and then click on the link icon (3rd button from the left) or simply click on the link icon and it will add the link you enter to the text box as your text (for example, ).
- A link settings box will appear.
- Select the type of link you want to add: URL, Link to anchor in the text (anchors can only be added using our code editor), or E-mail.
- Then, select the link protocol. Most websites use either http:// or https://.
- Enter the link in the URL box (you should only include everything after the http:// or https:// as that is provided in the protocol section, for example, www.dynadot.com).
- You can also set how the new link will show for the user in the "Target" section.
- Click "OK" to set your link and its settings.
- You should see your link appear in the color you selected within your text box.
- Click "Save" at the top of the page to save your changes.