How do I restore my domain in redemption period?
If the grace renewal period of your domain has already passed, you may still be able to restore the domain. Unfortunately, this is not guaranteed and will cost more because the domain has already been deleted.
To restore your domain, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click on "Inactive Domains" from the drop-down.
- Check the box next to the domain name(s) you wish to restore and click on the "Bulk Auction" button. If the domain name(s) do not have a checkbox next to them, they cannot be restored.
- Click on the "Restore" button. The domain(s) will be added to your shopping cart at the top right-side of the page.
- Click on your shopping cart to access the item(s) in your cart.
- Press the "Check Out" buttons to submit your restore order.
NOTE: A restore order can take up to 24 hours to process.
In most cases, a restore can be done within 30 days (the typical redemption period of most domain extensions) after the renewal grace period (typically 40 days) has ended. However, sometimes a domain is purchased in our expired auctions and as a result, it cannot be restored.
Find out more about the domain lifecycle.