Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
How do I set up Google Analytics with my Website Builder?
Google Analytics is a free service offered by Google that allows you to track your website's traffic, data, e-commerce, and more. Google Analytics is a great resource for any website and, through our Website Builder, we offer an easy to way to set it up! Please note that to use Google Analytics with our Website Builder you must have upgraded to a Pro or Business plan.
To add Google Analytics to your Website Builder, please follow these steps:
- Set up a Google account if you do not already have one. Keep in mind that if you want someone other than yourself, i.e. another employee, to be able to access your website's analytics, you may want to set up a separate Google account from your personal one.
- Visit Google Analytics and click on "Access Google Analytics".
- Click on the "Admin" tab and then click "Create new account" under the "Account" drop-down.
- You must enter the account name, website name, and website URL. You can also choose to select an industry category, time zone, and select your preferred data sharing settings.
- Click "Get Tracking ID" once you have entered everything.
- You will be taken to a page with the tracking code you will need to copy and paste into your Website Builder.
- If you're not already, you'll need to sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select “My Websites” from the left-side menu bar.
- Click on "edit" next to the Website Builder you are adding the analytics code to.
- Click on the "Settings" wheel within the Website Builder and then click on the "SEO" tab
- You can copy and paste your Google Analytics code into the text box labeled "Footer Script." Again, this can only be done if you have upgraded to our Pro or Business plan.
- Click on the "Save Settings" button at the top of the page.
NOTE: It can take a few days for Google to show you any information.