How can I set up my Advanced Hosting email to work with my iPhone?
To set up your Advanced Hosting email on your iPhone, please follow these steps:
First, retrieve your POP and SMTP settings in your cPanel account.
- Sign in to your cPanel account.
- Click on the "Email Accounts" icon under the "Mail" section.
- Find your email account and select "Configure Email Client" from the "More" drop-down menu.
- Use the "Non-SSL Settings" information.
Next, grab your iPhone.
- Find and click on the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
- Click on the "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" section and then click on the "Add Account..." button.
- Scroll down and choose "Other".
- Under the Mail section, click on the "Add Mail Account" button.
- Enter the Name, Address, Password, and Description (it should show an example) and then hit the "Next" button.
- At the very top, make sure you choose the "POP" section.
- Enter the Incoming Mail Server host name, username, and password. Press the "Save" button.
- Enter the Outgoing Mail Server host name, username, and password. While your phone lists this information as "Optional", it is needed for your Dynadot email to work.
- Click on the "Save" button.
- A pop up window will appear stating "Cannot Verify Server Identity". This is okay, press "Continue".
- After what will likely be a bit of a wait, your phone may appear frozen, the same window will appear again. Press "Continue" a second time. The window should disappear quickly after this and return you to the page where you began.
- Send yourself a test email, you should now receive it on your iPhone.
NOTE: If a pop-up window appears asking to continue without an SSL certificate, choose "Yes" and it will continue verifying. The pop-up window may come up more than once.
Once the settings have finished verifying, you should be able to send an receive email from your iPhone.