Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Landrush for TEL domains
2/2/2009 17:51
Landrush for TEL domains has arrived.

The TEL landrush is first come first serve. Make sure to register high value TEL domains before open registration.

Date: February 3, 2009
Time: 15:00 GMT
Cost: $325 for a 3 year registration ($299 bulk)
Nexus Requirement: None, anyone can register a TEL domain
Trademark Requirement: None, Landrush does not require a trademark to register

We are not taking pre-orders for TEL landrush. The TEL registry is offline right now. Around 15:00 GMT the servers will come back online. At that time you can attempt your registration through our system or through our API.

There is no grace deletion for TEL domains. All registrations are final.

You cannot set name servers for TEL domains. You can only enter your contact information with the TEL central registry and they will generate a page for you that looks like this:

http://www.justin.tel/

NOTE: Open registration is March 24, where the price will drop to around $10/year per TEL domain.

TEL Newsletter
http://www.telnic.org/newsletters/landrush/

TEL Reserved Names
http://www.telnic.org/reserved-names.html
Reply Quote
Posted By v
2/3/2009 07:18
I registered a while ago and the order appears with the status "problem".  The money is at Dynadot already.

What to expect?

Thanks
Reply Quote
2/3/2009 07:26
Interesting - same issue for me, just sent a message to support.

It might be that the names (which were shown as available) HAVE actually been registered, but the Whois has too heavy traffic for sending confirmation.

Well, at least this is what I hope... It is rather comforting to know I am not the only one!
Reply Quote
2/3/2009 07:31
OK, solved: just been put on my account, so it works. Excellent!
Reply Quote
2/3/2009 07:44
... and the second one which I had hand-reged was just added to my account, fine!
Reply Quote
2/3/2009 08:29
Hello,

Some orders were in problem status due to a temporary error. We have fixed the error, and now all domains should be in your account.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
Posted By v
2/3/2009 09:02
Wow!  It´s in my account now!

No future registry surprises, right?

Once I have the Order Finished it is 100% ok, right?
Reply Quote
2/3/2009 10:05
How do I setup my DNS to generate the page? Is it here on Dynadot?

Tried whois.nic.tel no luck.

(referring to the page that contains the contact info page specific to the (dot)tel domain. Wasnt sure if the setup page would be hosted here at Dynadot or if I would go to Nic.tel to setup)

[This post has been edited by c_e_painesville_us on Feb 3, 2009 11:27am.]

[This post has been edited by c_e_painesville_us on Feb 3, 2009 11:28am.]
Reply Quote
2/3/2009 10:28
You cannot change the DNS for the .tel - maybe this will change some day, but not for the time being.

.tel names do not work like other domain names: every page will look more or less the same, like a large online directory (with some possibilities of internal configuration, however), with all names hosted on Telnic's central server.

(I have seen some articles hinting that they might be at some point put on other servers, but with strict and specific conditions, probably primarily for large companies, but not for working like an usual website.)
Reply Quote
2/3/2009 10:29
P.S. the pages won't be activated before late February: read Telnic's website, it is all there!
Reply Quote
2/3/2009 11:26
Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to setting up the .tel contact page. I wasnt sure if it would be under the DNS page here at Dynadot.

The answer to my question is: Feb-25 is when .tel will allow the contact directory / page to be created
Reply Quote