Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Landrush for TEL domains
2/2/2009 17:51
Landrush for TEL domains has arrived.

The TEL landrush is first come first serve. Make sure to register high value TEL domains before open registration.

Date: February 3, 2009
Time: 15:00 GMT
Cost: $325 for a 3 year registration ($299 bulk)
Nexus Requirement: None, anyone can register a TEL domain
Trademark Requirement: None, Landrush does not require a trademark to register

We are not taking pre-orders for TEL landrush. The TEL registry is offline right now. Around 15:00 GMT the servers will come back online. At that time you can attempt your registration through our system or through our API.

There is no grace deletion for TEL domains. All registrations are final.

You cannot set name servers for TEL domains. You can only enter your contact information with the TEL central registry and they will generate a page for you that looks like this:

http://www.justin.tel/

NOTE: Open registration is March 24, where the price will drop to around $10/year per TEL domain.

TEL Newsletter
http://www.telnic.org/newsletters/landrush/

TEL Reserved Names
http://www.telnic.org/reserved-names.html
Reply Quote
2/3/2009 12:07
Adding your contacts to your TEL page is currently not available. We will be integrating with the TEL servers around late Feb.

At that time, there should be a link in your Dynadot domain control panel that will bring you to the TEL signin page to edit your contact info.

Since this is still Landrush, not all features are up yet. If you check your expiration date, you will see that it has been extended for an extra month to account for this.

Dynadot Staff

updated: fixed typo

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Feb 3, 2009 12:09pm.]
Reply Quote
Posted By wati
2/17/2009 15:05
Hi staff,

I understand the price for .Tel will drop drastically from $299.00 to $10-$17 in March 2009, will we be credited the difference?.

Thanks,
Rus
Reply Quote
2/19/2009 10:38
r_k_makaweli_us_1:

Sorry, we won't be able to credit you the price difference.  

Landrush for new extensions is a bit different in that it's mostly for people who want to get premium domain names before  registration is open to the general public, for that privilege, the Central Registries charge a premium price.  

TEL domains purchased during the landrush also have 3 year registrations versus a 1 year registration during the General Availability period.

[This post has been edited by dynadot_staff on Feb 19, 2009 10:38am.]
Reply Quote
2/25/2009 06:08
Any updates on our .tel accounts and the interface to update them with our information?
Reply Quote
2/25/2009 09:11
Telnic has delayed the start of integration to Feb 27. So we will not have it available until early March.

Dynadot Staff
Reply Quote
Posted By side
3/6/2009 02:55
.tel is so bad ,

really bad and very expensive for nothing

Remember the .me and the .mobi ?? now .me and .mobi = worst domain ever...

and soon .tel ;)
Reply Quote
3/6/2009 10:20
Time to flip the switch??

@evil.. like dot me was a flop... It had to be one of the most successful launches in terms of regisrations in a short period of time.

Give dot me a little bit of time here.
Now we can all agree dot mobi was stupid.
(they were in it for the greed... they didnt commnuicate and were very strict on their software and std)

On to dot tel.

Look at it this way. (alternate view)
How much would you pay a hosting company to host your information. At the very least you would pay $5 a month. (keeping with just the bare mins here).

When dot tel is at General reg you are paying $10 to $20 a Year! And it pretty much includes hosting.

Not to mention the bonuses you will get. Ability to use phone software, friend connections, etc.

[This post has been edited by c_e_painesville_us on Mar 6, 2009 10:23am.]
Reply Quote
3/6/2009 13:25
Message posted on NamePros by Justin:

All,

Having just landed from ICANN Mexico (yes, I didn't flee and indeed they did let me back into the country), I'd like to confirm to Namepros.com as you may have seen Henri our CTO twittering, things are moving. .tel domains are being injected into the DNS. We're live. You may get access to your management console from your registrar today (some are), but you may have to wait - this isn't something we have control over, but if there's anything we can do, let us know.

This is an historic day. Regardless of the commercial success, or the success of domaining in general, I personally am really proud of where we've got to. As I told the ICANN community on Monday, the .tel will remove the last barrier to entry to provide a presence on the internet without having to build, host and manage a website. And this will all soon be done without having to open a PC or computer browser.

Some get it, some will in time, and some will reject it. But it's starting, here. This is a fundamentally new service on the internet that exposes an incredibly powerful use of the infrastructure of the internet. For everyone. And, as it's new, it will have teething problems and we are open and available for all feedback, bugs, issues and suggestions.

Thank you all - everyone - for your comments, discussions, passion and complaints. We won't stop listening. We won't stop developing. This really is the beginning of something that has taken almost a decade to realize but something that we fundamentally believe will drive the vision of 'a domain for everyone, under their control' that enables the next generation of communications.

Thanks all,

Justin Hayward
Telnic Limited
justin.tel
Reply Quote
3/11/2009 18:01
any new news on this? When dynadot will add a cpanel?
Reply Quote
3/12/2009 09:22
Supposed to go live today... Mar 12... Nothing yet!
Reply Quote