Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Domain Transfer
4/17/2007 13:27
how can i transfer my domain name.  did i have to give an autho code to the new registrar or the new registrar have to send me a message and then i have to provide the code?  how its work?
Reply Quote
4/17/2007 13:31
also i would like to know if my personal information, credit card info etc....  the new registrar can see it?????
Reply Quote
4/17/2007 15:33
Most domain transfers will cost you a fee and will require that you enter in current and accurate contact information.  If this is an issue for you, please read the new registrar's Service Agreement prior to submitting a domain transfer order.

The basic steps of a domain transfer can be found here:

What are the steps involved in the domain transfer process?
http://www.dynadot.com/help/question.html?aid=41

You may also want to find out about any domain transfer restrictions which may cause your domain transfer to fail:

Why can't I transfer my domain?
http://www.dynadot.com/help/question.html?aid=42

More information about domain transfers can be found in the "Domain Transfers" section of the our FAQ:
http://www.dynadot.com/help/section.html?category_id=9
Reply Quote
4/18/2007 09:13
what about this

Apr 17, 2007 1:31pm    

also i would like to know if my personal information, credit card info etc....  the new registrar can see it?????
Reply Quote
4/18/2007 14:21
This was answered in my previous post:

"Most domain transfers will cost you a fee and will require that you enter in current and accurate contact information.  If this is an issue for you, please read the new registrar's Service Agreement prior to submitting a domain transfer order."

If the domain transfer costs a fee, most likely you will need to give your financial information to the registrar so that they may bill you for their services.
Reply Quote
4/21/2007 11:23
Dear Sirs,

What we want to do is a transfer from dynadot to goddady.

We already have authorization code but we dont find a place in dynadot where to enter those codes for domain transfer to godaddy. Please let us know.
Reply Quote
4/21/2007 11:47
You enter the transfer information at GoDaddy, not Dynadot. If you need help with setting up the transfer ask GoDaddy.
Reply Quote
4/21/2007 14:12
If you are transferring to Godaddy, then you should create a transfer order on their website.

Yes, they would see your credit card. Also, give them the auth code for your domain.
Reply Quote
4/24/2007 13:28
The domain is in dynadot and want to transfer it to godaddy.
we already did the request and we got authentication codes from godaddy. My question is how do I confirm I want to move from dynadot to godaddy.com????
Reply Quote
4/24/2007 13:37
Keep your eye out for emails sent to the admin contact on the domain.
Reply Quote
4/24/2007 13:38
We will send you an authorization email when the Central Registry notifies us of the transfer request.
Reply Quote