Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Connectivity Issues
8/4/2008 11:17
I'm having issues with the hosting of the website and email. I get a general "not connected" on the first attempt after a couple days of inactivity every time. When connecting to the pop server pop.webhost.dynadot.com  via Outlook I get a "timed out" error receiving mail. When connecting to the website www.briantaylor.me via Firefox/IE I get a "Page not found" error. The error almost always goes away on the second attempt, but I'd appreciate it if this was resolved.

Thanks,

Brian Taylor
Reply Quote
8/4/2008 22:39
I just went to your address, it said Not Connected for a second then ur Under Construction page came up.
Reply Quote
8/5/2008 08:28
Here's the exact Outlook error message:

Task 'pop.webhost.dynadot.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted.  If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

This is happening daily.
Reply Quote
8/7/2008 15:58
Your site may have just needed time to resolve.  Are you still having this issue?
Reply Quote
8/7/2008 20:38
Yes, this issue is still occurring. I just tried it a few moments before making this post. It is still affecting my site and my email.
Reply Quote
8/12/2008 21:31
Can this be resolved?
Reply Quote
8/13/2008 17:39
If you are able, can visit your site using a different ISP?

Your Outlook Settings should look similar to this, though you may want to try adjusting the timeout:

How do I set up my Email plan in Microsoft Outlook?

To set up your email with your Email plan in Microsoft Outlook, please follow these steps:

1. Retrieve your POP3, SMTP and/or IMAP settings
  2. Open Outlook and enter your email address. Then click Continue button to go to the Add Account page.
  3. For Incoming, select your preferred type (POP/IMAP). And enter the IMAP/POP password.
  4. Enable "Show Advanced Settings" toggle. The IMAP Incoming Server should be "webhost.dynadot.com". The port should be 995 for POP and 993 for IMAP.
  5. Make sure the 'Use SSL to connect (recommended)' option is selected.
  6. Enter the SMTP Username and password. Under 'SMTP Outgoing Server' enter 'webhost.dynadot.com' as your server and '587' as the port.
  7. From the ssl dropdown menu, select the 'STARTTLS' option.
  8. Hit the 'Add Account' button to complete your set-up.

Your settings should look similar to what is shown below:

A Record Example

Note: If you already have Outlook set up with another email address, you will need to select "Add an account" option from the earth icon "All Accounts profile" menu before proceeding with the steps above.

Want to set up your Email on another platform? Check out these additional instructions:

From Help Section: Email Hosting > Email > How do I set up my Email plan in Micr...
Reply Quote
8/13/2008 20:36
Thanks for the suggestions, but I've already tried visiting my site from multiple locations (with different ISPs) with the same result. Also, I've had the timeout in Outlook set to 5 minutes since I setup my email.

Are there any other things that could be causing this?
Reply Quote
8/14/2008 17:06
P.S. My email is configured properly, and works from time to time. But, I frequently get the previously stated error.
Reply Quote
8/14/2008 18:07
I can't think of anything that might be causing it.  Our hosting has been very stable as of late and hasn't had any problems.  I'll keep working on it.
Reply Quote
8/15/2008 17:38
Thank you. I hope you're able to determine the cause of this.

[This post has been edited by b_t_alexandria_ca on Aug 15, 2008 5:39pm.]
Reply Quote