Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
IDN .us
10/31/2006 18:00
When is idn .us coming out
Reply Quote
Posted By jerry
10/31/2006 22:53
Do you realize what you asked?  The only thing we could hope for would be Spanish or French, but that probably would not happen.
Reply Quote
10/31/2006 23:00
I was kidding...... keep in mind that spanish in the next 20 years will becoming very prevalent in the U.S. .......  It is scary but there is pressure to make it the official language of the U.S..

Even tho I was kidding there is an argument that there is chinatown in NYC. Maybe local stores would want a chinese url .us

[This post has been edited by j_greenvale_us on Oct 31, 2006 23:00.]
Reply Quote
Posted By jerry
11/1/2006 00:42
Where I grew up, you had to speak Spanish.  It should be the US language or at least share with English.

By the way, blonde, blue-eyed Norwegian speaking here.
Reply Quote
11/1/2006 20:36
Remember, there is no official language in the USA. That means .US should support all languages of all people who live in the USA.
Reply Quote
Posted By jerry
11/1/2006 22:58
Agreed!  IDNs for everyone!  

As long as they are English-only IDNs.  ;)
Reply Quote
11/2/2006 17:59
We emailed Neulevel, the central registry for US domains. They said there are no plans to add IDNs for US domains.
Reply Quote
11/27/2006 11:07
If you walk around an big US City, you will see shop signs in many different languages.

This is the kind of multiethnic multicultural country that the US is.

There is no reason why Chinese or Spanish domains should not be part of .us
Reply Quote
Posted By jerry
12/2/2006 22:57
I agree!  The USA is one country in which IDNs make sense.  No national language here....  A country of immigrants....  Hmmm.  

At any ATM, how many language choices do you have?  We generally see English, Spanish, Russian, and Japanese here in Atlanta.  At one in Milwaukee the choices were English Spanish and Polish.  

They should at least allow Spanish!
Reply Quote
Posted By seren
12/29/2006 14:47
A .cymru extension is being considered, I believe, for Welsh speakers (and readers, obviously!). I don't know if it will ever come out. I only know a little Welsh myself; just the basics. But as Wales is a bi-lingual country, it would be nice to have a .cymru as well as co.uk etc.

Oh, by the way, there are a fair number of Welsh speakers in the US.

[This post has been edited by seren on Dec 29, 2006 2:48pm.]
Reply Quote