Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
New TLDs
3/21/2014 04:20
Hey,

Ordered a new TLDs (.zone) yesterday for around $35, today you sent me a mail that you had cancled my order and when I check the price again, it was around $80 (a friend did the same, his domain is now $3600). Are you just checking which domains are popular and then raising the price? That's some shady practice you might have.
Reply Quote
3/21/2014 09:43
Hi,

The reason your order was cancelled and the domain is now listed at a higher price is actually because the domain you ordered is considered premium by the central registry of the new TLD. Unfortunately, the central registries don't always give us their premium domain lists upfront, so once we get the lists we have to cancel any orders for premium domains and update the price in our system. We have no way of gauging the popularity of domains as we only accept one preorder per domain.

Best,
Team Dynadot
Reply Quote
3/21/2014 10:28
I assume your "No refund, only credit" still apply? Would love if I could get it refunded.
Thanks for the quick answer.
Reply Quote
3/21/2014 13:47
No, we can refund your card and will do so shortly.
Reply Quote
4/20/2014 12:51
Lol you are just funny. No one can take the domain back just like that. If is free to register than he did register it. Registrats can register thair domain names in the sunrise period. Sucks.
Reply Quote
4/21/2014 16:00
The domain actually wasn't registered yet. It was a preorder for a TLD that hasn't been launched.
Reply Quote
5/24/2014 22:05
Dynadot Staff: I can certainly understand User4559's consternation, as I think anyone in any business would be peeved under similar circumstances -- which I am sure you understand as well! My question is, why put up the lot BEFORE you get the final list? Most companies have been trained over the years to not charge a credit card until an item is shipped. So why at least would you not give all of the above information -- which makes sense -- and promise not to charge the CC until the final list is there? It would eliminate a lot of CRM problems, no chargeback time, and not have people pissed off. Work with us, instead. Honestly state you have no way of knowing what the final price will be, so the customer is not in the dark. Then if a bigger price comes in, you can at least, with good communication, give the person a chance to buy it. But all the problems would be solved if you let us in on what was happening, that a person could "get in line" as you wait for the list. Or just don't put a domain up BEFORE you get the list.  Especially since it has been my experience with domain buying over the past 15 years that some companies DO use backorders to gauge interest -- but could never be proven. So being real on your part eliminates the confusion, as it has been my experience you are an honest company, with quality products.

Besides I have seen some of the worst domain names called "Premium." I refuse to believe at least 50% or more are really that.

BarryG
Reply Quote
5/25/2014 17:24
Thank you for your helpful feedback.  We have made some modifications to our system already.  I'm sure many more will come. We will work to make the process better for all users.
Reply Quote