Register Your .NYC Domain
.NYC is the new top-level domain (TLD) for New Yorkers! .NYC stands for New York City and it allows you to show off that you're local to New York and proud of it! Increasingly, the Internet is not only about what you are, but where you are. A .NYC domain tells the world you're located in NYC right in your URL. Customers will know your business is local to them and since .NYC is so new, there is way more opportunity to find the right domain name to get your website to stand out! NYC is home to some of the world's most creative people, museums, music, dance, entertainment, media, and arts and, now, .NYC is their home online. Use your .NYC domain to express and share your creativity online today!
This TLD supports premium domains. Please note that premium domains have different pricing.
Protect Your Brand with a .NYC Domain
If you or your business is located in New York City and already have a domain name on another TLD, you should consider registering your domain name on .NYC. Now is your chance to not only register a domain that represents where you are, it's also an opportunity to potentially register a shorter, more memorable domain name. If you don't want to set up a separate site, you can simply forward your .NYC domain back to your main website with our free domain forwarding service.
International .NYC Domains
.NYC supports internationalized domain names (IDNs) in Spanish! Use our IDN search to find and register the right Spanish .NYC domain name now!
.NYC Domain Restrictions
The City of New York desires to have only those individuals or entities having a substantive and lawful connection to the City be permitted to register for .NYC domain names ("Nexus Policy").
- Registrants in .NYC must be either;
- a natural person whose primary place of domicile is a valid physical address in the City of New York ("Nexus Category 1"); or
- an entity or organization that has a physical street address in the City of New York ("Nexus Category 2").
- The existence of a P.O. Box address in the City of New York shall not qualify for purposes of meeting the Nexus Policy.
- Registrants must agree in their Agreement with their Registrar and/or Reseller, whichever applicable, that they are in compliance with all relevant Federal, New York State and New York City laws, including the tax requirements for conducting business via the Internet. Registrants may find more information about compliance with the city tax laws at the City of New York Department of Finance's website (currently at www.nyc.gov/finance).
- Registrants must remain in compliance with the applicable Nexus Category for the entire period of such domain names registration by the registrant.
- Registrants may not license, sub-delegate or otherwise transfer .NYC domain names to third parties that otherwise fail to meet the requirements of this Nexus Policy.
*.NYC Sale Information
Take advantage of our $5.99 .NYC sale, on now until 2019/12/31 23:59 UTC! No coupon code is necessary; simply search for and buy your .NYC domain for less!
About New York City, Home of the .NYC Domain
New York City is located in the state of New York on the East Coast of the United States. It is the most populous city in the US with a population of almost 8.5 million as of 2013. The city is a global power city with great influence over commerce, media, art, technology, and more. It also has a booming tourist industry with around 55 million annual visitors from around the world. New York is one of must linguistically diverse cities in the world, featuring over 800 languages.
|Usage||New York City Websites|
|Renewal Grace Period||40 Days|
|Deletion Grace Period||5 Days|
|Restore Period||30 Days|
|IDN Supported||Yes, See Languages|
|Registry||The City of New York|
|Registration Price (1 year)||$5.99|
|Renewal Price (1 year)||$25.99|