Need support for your Dynadot domains, websites, or one of our tools? Use our help article directory to find the resources you need or contact our support team to get further assistance.
How do I set up MX records to have my domain email delivered to my email host?
MX records are Mail eXchange records that specify the mail server responsible for accepting email messages for your domain. If you want to set up your email for your domain, you will need to set up MX records within your Dynadot account.
The following instructions will only work if you are using our name servers. If you are using someone else's name servers, you will need to set up your MX records on those name servers. Also, if you are using our DNS, you will need to set up your MX records using DNS instead.
To set up your domain's MX records, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to the domain name(s).
- Select "DNS Settings" from the 'Bulk action" drop-down menu.
- On the new page, select "MX Records" from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your MX record value and priority here. You can enter up to 5 MX records. Click "Add Mail Host" to open up another field.
- The distance specifies the priority of the mail hosts. 0 is the highest priority, and email will be delivered to that email host first. If you do not know what to enter here, just enter 0.
- Click on the "Save Email Settings" button to save your changes.