How do I set up MX records to have my domain email delivered to my email host?
MX records are Mail eXchange records that specify the mail server responsible for accepting email messages for your domain. If you want to set up your email for your domain, you will need to set up MX records within your Dynadot account.
The following instructions will only work if you are using our name servers. If you are using someone else's name servers, you will need to set up your MX records on those name servers. Also, if you are using our DNS, you will need to set up your MX records using DNS instead.
To set up your domain's MX records, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "Manage" from the "Domains" drop-down menu.
- Check the box next to the domain name(s).
- Click on the "Name Servers" icon.
- Click on the "Email Forwarding" tab.
- Select the radio button next to the "Deliver email to another mail host (MX record)" option.
- Enter up to 5 mail hosts from your email provider.
- The distance specifies the priority of the mail hosts. 0 is the highest priority, and email will be delivered to that email host first. If you do not know what to enter here, just enter 0.
- Click on the "Save Email Settings" button to save your changes.