How can I point my domain to Squarespace?
To point your domain to Squarespace, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and click "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to your domain name(s) and click on the "Bulk Action" button.
- Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Bulk Action" list.
- On the DNS page, select the "Dynadot DNS" setting from the top drop-down menu.
- You will need to create two CNAME records. Scroll down to the "Subdomain Records (optional)" section and select “CNAME” from the drop-down menu. Enter your unique Squarespace code (the unique code that appears directly below the Host column in your Squarespace account) in the ‘Subdomain’ field. In the ‘IP Address or Target Host’ field, enter verify.squarespace.com.
- Remain in the "Subdomain Records (optional)" section and enter "www" as the next subdomain. Select "CNAME" from the drop-down and then enter ext-cust.squarespace.com in the "IP Address or Target Host" box. Do not enter your actual domain name.
- Next you will enter the ‘A’ records. Scroll up to the "Domain Record (required)" section and select “A’ as your record type. Enter 184.108.40.206 in the "IP Address or Target Host" box.
- Repeat this for the other three Squarespace IP address - 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, and 22.214.171.124
- Click on the "Save DNS" button to save your changes.
See Squarespace's directions on domain mapping with Dynadot for reference.