How can I use your Email Hosting for email only?
Our Email Hosting can be used as full hosting for simple, static websites or just for email - it is called Email Hosting, after all!
If you want to use our Email Hosting for email only and you use your web host's name servers, ask them to add the following MX and TXT records for you. If you use one of our services, such as DNS, parking, website builder, or domain forwarding, you can create the MX and TXT records using the steps below:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to the domain name attached to your Email Hosting plan and click on the "Bulk Action" button.
- Choose "DNS Settings" from the "Bulk Action" list.
- Under the "Domain Record" section, select "MX" from the “Record Type” drop-down.
- Enter webhost.dynadot.com in the "Mail Host" section.
- Set the "Distance" to 0, the highest priority.
- Under the "Domain Record" section, select "TXT" from the “Record Type” drop-down.
- Enter "v=spf1 mx ip4:22.214.171.124 ~all" in the "IP Address or Target Host" section.
- Press the "Save Email Settings" button to save your changes.