How can I use your Email Hosting for email only?
Our Email Hosting can be used as full hosting for simple, static websites or just for email - it is called Email Hosting, after all!
If you want to use our Email Hosting for email only and you use your web host's name servers, ask them to add an MX record for you. If you use one of our services, such as DNS, parking, website builder, or domain forwarding, you will need to create an MX record using the steps below:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select "My Domains" from the left-side menu bar and "Manage Domains" in the drop-down.
- Check the box next to the domain name attached to your Email Hosting plan and click on the "Bulk Action" button.
- Choose "Email Forwarding" from the "Bulk Action" list.
- On the Email Forwarding page, select "MX Records" from the top drop-down menu.
- Enter webhost.dynadot.com in the "Mail Host" section.
- Set the "Distance" to 0, the highest priority.
- Press the "Save Email Settings" button to save your changes.
NOTE: You can also enter your MX record in the DNS tab of our name server settings if you have DNS settings using the same "Mail Host" and "Distance" information above.