How do I let others access their email online from your Email Hosting?
Our Email Hosting allows you to create unlimited email accounts. In many cases, you may be creating email addresses for others to use - employees, family, friends, etc. You can allow other people to access their email without having them log into your Dynadot account, which can be an account security risk. To do this, you simply need to create a new user within your Email Hosting account.
To create a new user, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Dynadot account.
- Select the "Hosting" tab in the main menu.
- Click on the "edit website" link in the "Edit Site" column. A new page should load in a new browser window.
- Click on the "Mailbox" link in the main menu.
- Click on the "Mailbox Users" link in the sub-menu. There will be a default "root" user already created; however, we suggest that you keep this user account for yourself.
- To create a new user account, enter a username in the "Username" field and click the "Create New User" button.
- Click on the username link. You can edit the username, password, and name of the user here. You can also set which email addresses are accessible for this user.
Once you have set up your user account(s), they can be accessed by visiting the following link: http://www.yourdomain.ext/user/signin.html (you'll need to replace the "yourdomain" part with, well, your domain). Then, they will need to enter the username and password that you created for them.
Please note: The above link will only work if your domain is using the "Dynadot Hosting" setting. This is the default setting when you purchase your Email Hosting. If you are using this setting, you will see "Dynadot Email Hosting" listed in the "Name Server" column for your domain under the "Manage" page on our "Domains" drop down in your Dynadot account. If you don't see that, you will need to set your domain to our Email Hosting in order to get the link to work.