Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Warning -- Do Not Rely On The Dynadot API
2/19/2016 09:17
We made the mistake of building a business process around the Dynadot API. Today and yesterday, it is not working. We got onto dynadot chat, and were informed that this is because of "bulk users" using up all the API resources -- what this means actually is domain spammers who are gaming Dynadot's API.

We're going to stop using Dynadot and we need to warn any other prospective users that the API is not reliable, and that customer support has no workarounds. They are clearly overwhelmed by spammers so legitimate users can't use it.....
Reply Quote
2/20/2016 09:02
It has now been 24 hours, and as far as I can  tell, the dynadot API is basically broken.

Occasionally I can connect and perform one operation, but then I always get disconnected with:

RestClient::ServerBrokeConnection: Server broke connection
Reply Quote
2/20/2016 15:14
The API is working properly as the last command was processed seconds ago. There seems to be some confusion on how the API works. Here is a breakdown:

The API connections are based on spending.

All API requests are first given a priority score. This score is the total
account spending divided by the connections received by the account in the
last 24 hours. So an account with high spending that gets a lot of
connections will get a lower and lower priority score over time. This allows
lower spending accounts to eventually get connections too.

All API requests are put into a queue, sorted by their priority score. Once
a connection becomes available, the API request with the highest priority
score is removed from the queue and given the connection. If a request is
not given a connection after 10 seconds, a "system_busy" response is
returned.
Reply Quote