Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Think about an API
2/22/2007 09:31
Hi

As you do not planned any reseller program ! (the bulk prices are really welcome too ! thanks).
It wil leb great if yo ucould create a useful API which will let us search, suggest and buy domain name dircetly from our web sites using the entries created in this API.

I'm sure that it will be soon integrated in some 3rd party sscripts specializied in domain names or hosting automation.

Bye.
Reply Quote
2/22/2007 11:10
Thank you for the suggestion. We will add it to our feature request list.
Reply Quote
Posted By kate
2/22/2007 13:07
I second that.
An API would be great.

Thanks for the bulk pricing, you are getting better everytime o:)
Reply Quote
Posted By florin
2/26/2007 10:28
Yup, it would be great!
Reply Quote
3/1/2007 13:16
Yup. 1+ here
I totally vote for an API

[This post has been edited by a_p_pretoria_za on Mar 1, 2007 1:17pm.]
Reply Quote
3/2/2007 07:36
API Will be best thing !
Reply Quote
3/11/2007 21:01
I hope we will all be notified via email when this is implemented.
Reply Quote
4/7/2007 12:20
This would be a great feature to have added, definately will strive and bring business to dynadot.
Reply Quote
4/7/2007 13:34
What commands would you want for an API? Just curious. Just search and register? Or more than that?
Reply Quote
4/7/2007 14:31
Search (for Domain Availability)
Whois Lookup (instead of the linux whois, using it via dynadot may be more reliable, i don't know)
Domain Registration
Change Contact Information
Set Name Servers

etc.

More business will come to dynadot this way as it would allow smaller businesses, or newly started ones to setup a simple area for users to change information, and it would change automatically.

Also coders, such as myself will be able to setup custom solutions for our business (or clients) to make everything more efficient.

[This post has been edited by maclof2007 on Apr 7, 2007 2:35pm.]
Reply Quote
4/7/2007 14:34
Search would be both actually, allow us to do whois lookups, and search availability of domains.
Reply Quote