Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
API - Registration Command
5/27/2007 02:14
When are you adding the Registration command to the API dynadot ?  There is totally no point releasing an API with only Search and nothing else.  

Whats the use ?   Come on Dynadot let us know when the registration part of the API will be coming instead of not replying.
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
5/27/2007 02:54
Quick question.

Do you want a secure API that works 99.9% of the time OR an insecure API that works 80% of the time? I know my choice.

Be patient - it is THEIR choice when they want to release it and asking them every few days is not going to get it any faster
Reply Quote
5/27/2007 11:57
Get a grip Hekler or should that be hitler?

He's only asking when it will be ready, maybe if dynadot had a public timeline or release date it would give people a chance to know which Registrar to invest with.

Currently we invest $1000's per month into domains, if we knew when Dynadot's API was released we could hold out on the other registrar and save the money for Dynadot.
Reply Quote
5/29/2007 09:55
Agree with Smartico.  The annoying part is that the API is released and ready to use, but the only available feature is Search.  Whats the point in that.  

An API that works 80% of the time or a non existant API.

I know my choice.
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
5/29/2007 14:56
Hey smartico

What gives with the name calling. All I said was it was DynaDot's choice and sitting in the back seat every few days going "are we there yet?" is not going to improve anyones position.

And again its DynaDot's choice - they may have very good reasons why they are taking their time - we know nothing about how their current upstream systems work.
Reply Quote
5/30/2007 01:56
But wouldn`t it be nice if they actually replied saying it would be released next week / next year / never.

Atleast that way people would know.
Reply Quote
Posted By hekler
5/30/2007 03:46
Oh I agree, but......................

On the 18th DynaDot wrote .......
We added a simple API to access our domain services. So far, the only command is to search for domains. We will be adding a command to register domains, and a command to delete domains soon.

After 10 days of the repeated requests (daily) for a date and no reply ......I beleive it obvious that they have not set a date

So keeping on going "are we there yet?" daily is an annoying things that gets no one anywhere fast
Reply Quote
5/31/2007 02:56
Ahhh finally a response from Dynadot :

Subject: API
Date: 30 May 2007 22:33

Hello,

I'm sorry, but I don't know when the register command will be available.

Best Regards,
Dynadot Staff

--------------------------------------------------
DYNADOT... $7.99 domain names... $1/mo. web hosting
http://www.dynadot.com
Reply Quote
5/31/2007 06:59
HAHAHAHAHAAHA

VERY VERY Helpful Dynadot.

Great !
Reply Quote
6/2/2007 22:49