Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Verify Google Webmaster
Posted By scube
6/6/2013 13:00
Hi I am trying to verify my site using dynadot, this is the instruction google gives me

Follow the steps below to create a DNS (Domain Name System) record that proves to Google that you own the domain.
1. Add the TXT record below to the DNS configuration for website.com.
google-site-verification=XXXXXXX
2. Click Verify below.
When Google finds this DNS record, we'll make you a verified owner of the domain. (Note: DNS changes may take some time. If we don't find the record immediately, we'll check for it periodically.)
To stay verified, don't remove the DNS record, even after verification succeeds.

---

When I update the setting in dynadot I get this message
Could not save settings.
Please enter at least one A/AAAA/CNAME/Forwarding record.

Can you provide me help with this
Reply Quote
6/6/2013 15:56
You must select "A, AAAA, CNAME, or Forwarding" for the base Domain Record type.  Once you add that, you can add the TXT record and then save your changes.
Reply Quote
12/18/2016 15:34
Hi - I have same issue - what is A/AAAA/CNAME/Forwarding record? and how do I put one in?
thanks
Reply Quote
12/22/2016 10:03
TXT records cannot be saved to the root domain by themselves. If you want to set a TXT record under our DNS, you will need to have a main record type (usually an A record or Forward). If you do not have anywhere to point your domain, you can select Forward and forward the domain to itself (http://www.YOURDOMAINHERE.com. This will allow you to set the TXT you need.
Reply Quote