Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
setting up SPF and DKIM with email forwarding
2/25/2017 06:42
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I couldn't find it.

My email provider, zoho.com, is asking me to set up SPF and DKIM.
I found the help pages for how to add TXT records for SPF and DKIM.

Both pages note that "You must enter a Domain Record type (A/AAAA/CNAME/Forwarding) if you want to use a TXT Record."
I don't understand how to do this part, especially which of these I should choose.
Currently I am only using email forwarding, so I just have some MX records entered on the EMAIL FORWARDING tab, and nothing entered on the DNS tab.

So what do I need to change to set up SPF and DKIM?

thanks!
Reply Quote
3/12/2017 13:59
You will need to set a record type for the domain itself (at the top of the page).  If you have no website, you can forward the domain to an existing URL or choose 'A' for the record type and enter in a bogus IP (8.8.8.8).  If you choose the latter, visitors to the site will see an error page, but you’ll be able to save your entry.
Reply Quote
10/23/2017 12:16
I had this problem for 2 days so I made this to help out folks like you... https://forums.zoho.com/topic/spf-dkim-warnings#2266000010124271
Reply Quote
Posted By c_us
12/23/2023 20:32
I also have a serious issue related to SPF & DKIM. I have a very simple setup. website is forwarded to a third party website. (which is a paid service) and I am using a email forwarding to hotmail and gmail account. Most outgoing emails are bounced  by recipient email provider (Mostly gmail) or its ending up in to a spam box at the other end. We have to call or text person to confirm the email.  Other are experiencing the same when they send us the email.

I reached out to Dynadot multiple times. The help was total hopeless.  I am at a point to move service to another registrar.
Reply Quote