Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Setting A records before transfer completes
3/5/2020 09:54
I am in the process of transferring a domain name to Dynadot. It is a domain name used for an active website.

Due to peculiar hosting settings, the hosting of the domain is not determined by the standard DNS, but by A records. The DNS are those of the registrar.

In order to prevent an interruption in the online availability of the website, is there any way for me to set the A records for that domain name in my Dynadot before the transfer completes?
Reply Quote
3/5/2020 10:38
OK, in that case I have been able to insert the A records immediately after the transfer completed, thus I had no issue. But the question remains, since I may not always be able to do the same.
Reply Quote
3/9/2020 11:14
Hi there, while a domain is in the pendingTransfer status, the DNS can not be altered, and so unfortunately, we don't have a way for you to edit or add DNS to a domain prior to it's transfer completion.
I hope that helps, thanks!
Reply Quote
Posted By g_e_au
8/16/2020 03:44
Really truly? We have to transfer the domain, wait for the client's server and email to break and then rush in and update the domain? That is just bonkers
Reply QuoteHide Replies
teamdynadot replied g_e_au :8/19/2020 00:40
If the domain is using third-party name severs, the sever will be kept during the transfer. You can manage the domain that needs transfer using name severs.
Reply Quote
g_e_au replied teamdynadot :9/10/2020 17:10
Thanks. That is what I have done.
Reply Quote