Are you sure you want to close the chat?Chat will be closed and the chat history will be cleared.
continue to sign out,
or stay on chat.
To review this chat session please click this windows.
Chat Online
Chat Online0
Support

Forum

A place for Dynadot and community experts alike to ask questions, share ideas, and more.
Registrar/Registry Status Codes
4/23/2018 22:34
i noticed when i transferred my domain to dynadot that only clientTransferProhibited was set.  I was expecting to see clientDeleteProhibited and clientUpdateProhibited to be set also.

My last domain provider had all three set.  Perhaps the last two are not as important as they once were? with my previous provider i was able to make changes through the registrars website with clientUpdateProhibited engaged.

I guess i wouldn't want them all set if it impacted what i could do through the website.

Last question - how about Registry lock options such as serverTransferProhibited? it seems to be something not well advertised because it requires manual work by the registrar but enhances the security of a domain against highjacking.
Reply Quote
4/24/2018 14:22
Hello,

We would only use the "clientTransferProhibited" status when locking the domain, so would not use "clientUpdateProhibited" or "clientDeleteProhibited". Usually the Registry locks would only be placed in special circumstances, such as if there was a dispute or legal case in relation to the domain. We wouldn't be able to set this lock unfortunately. There's some more information about the different status codes from ICANN here:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/epp-status-codes-2014-06-16-en
Reply Quote